Boolean must be a boolean value

Is your script different from what you sent (module script) because I don’t see you sending the UserId anywhere in the modules function? I’m really not sure how to stop the error other than adding a parameter before boolean.

local Server = {}

local HttpService = game:GetService("HttpService")

local Configs = require(script.Parent.Configs)

local function Request(Function, RequestBody)

--Before sending the request, add our auth_key to the body
	RequestBody["auth_key"] = Configs.AUTH_KEY

local response = HttpService:RequestAsync(
		{
			-- The website to send the request to. Function is the extended part of the URL for specific functions.
			-- In this case, Function = 'GroupShout'
			-- Example: 
			--	"Configs.BaseUrl..Function" would be equal to: http://test-app.glitch.me/GroupShout

Url = Configs.BaseUrl..Function, 

-- The request method (all of ours will be POST)
			Method = "POST",

-- We are sending JSON data in the body
			Headers = {
				["Content-Type"] = "application/json"
			},
			-- The body of the request containing the parameters for the request
			Body = HttpService:JSONEncode(RequestBody)
		}
	)

if response.Success then
		print("Status code:", response.StatusCode, response.Body)
		print("Response body:\n", response.Body)

return response.Body
	else
		print("The request failed:", response.StatusCode, response.Body)
		return response.Body
	end
end

Server.Promote = function(GroupId, UserId)
	assert(typeof(GroupId) == "number", "Error: GroupId must be an integer") -- Throw error if GroupId is not an integer
	assert(typeof(UserId) == "number", "Error: UserId must be an integer") -- Throw error if UserId is not an integer

local Body = {
		Group = GroupId;
		Target = UserId;
	}

-- pcall the function 'Request', with arguments 'Promote' and Body
	local Success, Result = pcall(function()
	    return Request('Promote', Body)
	end)

print(Result)
end

Server.Demote = function(GroupId, UserId)
	assert(typeof(GroupId) == "number", "Error: GroupId must be an integer") -- Throw error if GroupId is not an integer
	assert(typeof(UserId) == "number", "Error: UserId must be an integer") -- Throw error if UserId is not an integer

local Body = {
		Group = GroupId;
		Target = UserId;
	}

return Request('Demote', Body)
	end)

print(Result)
end

Server.SetRank = function(GroupId, UserId, RankId)
	assert(typeof(RankId) == "number", "Error: RankId must be an integer") -- Throw error if RankId is not an integer

local Body = {
		Group = GroupId;
		Target = UserId;
		Rank = RankId;
	}

return Request('SetRank', Body)
	end)

print(Result)
end

Server.HandleJoinRequest = function(GroupId, PlayerUsername, Boolean)
	assert(typeof(PlayerUsername) == "string", "Error: PlayerUsername must be a string") -- Throw error if PlayerUsername is not a string
	assert(typeof(Boolean) == "boolean", "Error: Boolean must be a boolean value") -- Throw error if Boolean is not a boolean value

local Body = {
		Group = GroupId;
		Username = PlayerUsername;
		Accept = Boolean; -- true or false
	}

return Request('HandleJoinRequest', Body)
	end)

print(Result)
end

Server.GroupShout = function(GroupId, ShoutMessage)
	assert(typeof(ShoutMessage) == "string", "Error: ShoutMessage must be a string") -- Throw error if ShoutMessage is not a string

local Body = {
		Group = GroupId;
		Message = ShoutMessage;
	}

return Request('GroupShout', Body)
	end)

print(Result)
end

return Server

Server Module ^

local HttpService = game:GetService("HttpService")
local Server = require(script.Server)

game.ReplicatedStorage.AcceptJoinRequest.OnServerEvent:Connect(function(player, Boolean)
	local groupID = 5251151
	local Boolean = game.ReplicatedStorage.AcceptJoinRequest.Accept
	if Boolean then
		print("yes")
		Server.HandleJoinRequest(groupID, player.Name, Boolean)
	end
	end)

Server Script ^

I removed player.UserId and still get the same error.

Here’s one of the coding in my vps:

function JoinRequests() { // Validator for HandleJoinRequest
	return [
		check('Group')
			.custom((value, { req, loc, path }) => {
				if (typeof req.body.Group === "number") { return value; } else { throw new Error(`Parameter 'Group' must be an integer, not type '${typeof (value)}'`) }
			}),
		check('Username')
				if (typeof req.body.Username === "string") { return value; } else { throw new Error(`Parameter 'Username' must be a string, not type '${typeof (value)}'`) }
			}),
		check('Accept')
				if (typeof req.body.Accept === "boolean") { return `${value}` } else { throw new Error(`Parameter 'Accept' must be a boolean, not type '${typeof (value)}'`) }
			})
	]
}

You’re defining a BoolValue object not the actual value of it. In your module you are using the assert function to make sure that the variable Boolean is an actual bool, but since you are sending an BoolValue object, the condition is not being met and the assert function throws the error that you set it to:

Just make sure your doing .Value when you define the Boolean variable and send the actual bool as the argument.

1 Like

And how would I accomplish to getting the value of a boolean, if I keep getting the Boolean as an Object.

You simply do what you did previously but with .Value:

local Boolean = game.ReplicatedStorage.AcceptJoinRequest.Accept.Value

That worked, however, it pops up a new error:

The request failed: 500 Internal server error: Error: Required argument "userId" is missing  -  Server - Server:40
  00:57:27.739  Internal server error: Error: Required argument "userId" is missing  -  Server - Server:111

Perhaps I’m not getting the string of the Players Username?

Could you screen shot or post line 40 and line 111?

I believe the error is from the website that you are sending the request to (I’m guessing your using glitch or heroku?). Are you sure your body data contains all the required arguments?

You’re storing the players username but are you actually using it? It seems like you’re suppose to send the userId (similar to what all the other functions do).

I can’t really tell what your doing wrong as I would need to see the code handling the request but I’m guessing based off the response, the issue is what I stated above.

maybe try

game.ReplicatedStorage.AcceptJoinRequest.OnServerEvent:Connect(function(player, Accept)
        		if Accept then
        		print("yes")
        		Server.HandleJoinRequest(groupID, player.Name, player.UserId, Accept.Value) -- Line the error is coming from
        	end
        end)

I’m currently in school so I might be incorrect…

I’m using repl for my vps hosting, glitch isn’t reliable anymore.

If I added a Accept “.Value” it’ll add in a nil, as I already defined the Value early in the script:

local Accept = game.ReplicatedStorage.AcceptJoinRequest.Accept.Value