Bots can still post comments on games with disabled comments

Please fix them being able to do that o:

5 Likes

Ouch… no server side checks.

I assume it’s much cheaper to just hide comments than to selectively disallow access, but yes this should be a thing. I’m just thinking how many extra comments are being stored for games where comments are disabled.

Storage space for assets with comments disabled is negligible in comparison to the comments of every asset on ROBLOX. The real issue is a slew of scams/spam popping up if you ever decide to re-enable comments in the future.

Yep I re-enabled them and found out it was still getting bombarded all this time and more popped up as I refreshed to double check lol

Also reported here for reference:

I find it pretty intriguing that the mindset of disabling comments has changed drastically on Roblox. It used to be only clickbait/scam games disabled comments; now every single game has them disabled (for good reason of course)

1 Like

I used to keep the comments on my games open even despite the spam bots, since I didn’t want my game to look bad. That changed when I started getting thousands of consecutive spam comments on my games.

1 Like

I wonder why ROBLOX doesn’t ban people that comment on a game that has comments disabled for some time.
(because I might comment after playing the game for 5h, in which you disabled the comments)

That’d be an easy way to get someone banned after getting into their account maliciously, or if for some reason their client retries the API call at refresh and the owner has just disabled the comments.