Breadboard system help

What I want to achieve here is a kind of breadboard system. I want to be able to connect up different ports with wires. Thing is, I have no idea how to get the slot the player clicked on and set a wire to it. These black lines are showing all the slots that are connected up. Thing is, I want to be able to do this quickly and keep things compact. Instead of trying to detect a click from 380 click detectors individually.

Turns out I can get a picture of the breadboard, but just look it up, it’s hard to explain.

I assume you mean “vero” boards. If so treat it how they do in the schematics, have rows and coloumns and assign each pin a thing. Recursion is relatively quick this way.

You could use Mouse.Target to get which pin the player clicked on, then pass it through a RemoteEvent if you want to replicate it to the server. If I were to do it, I would assign a column and row to each pin in the name (Example: A1). Then you can get the name of the instance the player clicked on and use pinFolder:FindFirstChild(Instance.Name) which would return the pin. Hope this made sense. Feel free to reply with any questions! :smile:

1 Like