Intuitive Debugger: Breakpoints not working in some cases

Reproduction Steps

This should be seen directly by the Roblox development team:

1. Open the project (sent in PM)

2. Open LocalScript and set a breakpoint at line 1641

3. Run

4. Insert an object (use the shortcuts Q31 for this object)

Expected Behavior

Execution should stop at the breakpoint line

Actual Behavior

Execution is stopping at a completely random line, 1806 (where there is no breakpoint)

Workaround

Since the breakpoints are not working in this part of the script, I have to disable them and put a breakpoint right at the beginning of the function and then, I have to press F10 HUNDREDS OF TIMES because I can’t skip the loops I want to reach the desired breakpoint line.

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Other
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
A private message is associated with this bug report

2 Likes

Just to update this thread, @IcyTides found an interim solution:

Add the line below as line 1 in the script that has the reported problem:

--!optimize 0

However, this may reduce the performance of the script, but it allows breakpoints to work where they didn’t work before.

I’m waiting for an official solution from Roblox, so I don’t have to stick with this workaround.

1 Like

Today, I got another situation in breakpoints (and in this case, unfortunately --!optimize 0 didn’t work).

When using Step Into (F11) inside a UpdateAsync function, after the first return of this function, the debugger will not pause for the next lines (more details already sent to @IcyTides in PM).

1 Like

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

1 Like

Thanks for replying, 5 months later.

@IcyTides
The problem remains the same with Intuitive Debugger

1 Like

We have a fix ready for this issue, it will be included in one of the upcoming updates.

2 Likes

A fix for this issue has been released in 0.576 Studio update.

Please check if your issue is resolved and get back to us if you still experience the problem.

2 Likes

Solved.
Thanks for letting me know.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.