Brickcolor appears black on client, but white on server?

So when I take a copy of the player and remove all the parts, I weld it to an object and make then change the brickcolor. The thing that happens is that even though I set the color to white on the server, it doesn’t change it on the client. Code:

for i,v in pairs(clone:GetDescendants()) do
		if v:IsA("Decal") then
			v:Destroy()
		end
		if v:IsA("BasePart") or v:IsA("UnionOperation") or v:IsA("MeshPart") then
			v.BrickColor = BrickColor.new("Institutional white")
			v.Material = Enum.Material.Glass
		end
	end

Any help is appreciated

Is the part a union? If so you’ll probably have to enable UsePartColor in the properties tab.

2 Likes

The part isn’t even changing color on the client. I went and checked it out and it is black. When I switched to server, its glass.

The “BodyColors” object may be overriding these changes, try remove it if it is a property.

1 Like

I did body colors, I did that first.

It would help us solve your problem if we could have a visual representation of this issue, as well as screenshots of the Explorer tab showing where the parts are being copied too, what they’re in and what’s inside of them. Potentially the Properties tab too, or if you could, a video with all 3 in view at all times during the process. That would help greatly.

As of right now, we can only take guesses as to what’s going on.

@CaptainD_veloper Server scripts most likely do not care about the client so, they will run no matter what, you could try and change the color in a local script, but like @ShadokuSan said, we need more information on what’s going on because at this point, we’re just guessing

1 Like