Bridging over path system breaking

So I’m generating a path (version 2 now), and I have it so when trying to generate, it checks 3 blocks in front of the last one generated, if the first one is blocked, it just breaks, and moves to the next point, if the second is blocked, but the first and third are clear, it bridges over(if it isnt a bridge at 2), and it only bothers with the third check if the second is blocked, but for some reason it starts just randomly bridging, and goes through other pathways

robloxapp-20220513-0929141.wmv (2.1 MB)

This video shows the issue, it just randomly starts bridging, and I have no idea why it would start doing that, I checked the scaling, and it should be fine I use

module.IsBlocked = function(obj: Model)
	local place = obj or LastPlace

if not place or not place:FindFirstChild("Front") then return end

overlap.FilterDescendantsInstances = {place}

local parts
	local first, second, third

parts = workspace:GetPartsInPart(place.Front, overlap)

if parts then
		for i, v in pairs(parts) do
			if v:IsDescendantOf(workspace.Paths) and v.Name == "Base" then
				first = true
				break
			end
		end
	end

if first then
		module.PlacePortal(obj)

return
	end

parts = workspace:GetPartBoundsInBox(place.Front.CFrame * CFrame.new(0,0, -size * 1.75), Vector3.new(size,1,size), overlap)

if parts then
			if v:IsDescendantOf(workspace.Paths) and v.Name == "Base" and not v:FindFirstChild("Bridge") then
				second = true
				break
			end
		end
	end

if second then
		parts = workspace:GetPartBoundsInBox(place.Front.CFrame * CFrame.new(0,0, -size * 2.75), Vector3.new(size,1,size), overlap)

if parts then
				if v:IsDescendantOf(workspace.Paths) and v.Name == "Base" then
					third = true
					break
				end
			end
		end
	end

if second and not third then
		module.PlaceBridge()
	end
end

I don’t get any errors, and as far as i can tell it should work, anyone know either a way to solve this(using my current system) or a smarter method to check this?

Edit : I tried using gyazo for the video, but I was lazy to re-do the video, so used the one I already had

The issue was that my region I was checking was twice as large as it need to be