Brushtool 2.0 Plugin: Clone and place models onto your map with ease

Nice plugin! I needed to plant a whole forest for something, so this should do nicely!

1 Like

Really cool plugin! Though I think you should make the icons/text for the light theme gray instead of black since it looks weird with the 100% black elements. Other than that its awesome!

2 Likes

Not sure if you’re using the latest version, but I’ve since switched to using grey text (#333333) for all text in light theme:

2 Likes

Oh I see! I assumed that it still had the 100% black icons/text by the image provided in the post.

1 Like

THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS PLUGIN!!!

Seriously, this makes things like placing down grass and trees so much easier. It’s really great, I like how things you place down won’t place themselves on top of other objects already placed down. I also really like the eraser feature. Overall this plugin just throws a lot of my brushing problems out the window, thanks!

2 Likes

Wow, this updated plugin sure will make my maps more immersive!

3 Likes

This is an amazing plugin. The sample video was 45 seconds, so I could create full-on maps (with specific genres) in a matter of hours, or maybe even minutes.

This definitely deserves To be bumped to be recognized more!

This was not a bump post

2 Likes

Looks good, I will try it later today.

1 Like

I’m not sure if Roblox limits the mouse for plugins, but a major setback is if the studio camera is far from the brush, the brush will stop working. I have to adjust my camera speed every now and then just to reach the far ends of a huge map. Overall, I love this plugin, I’ve been playing with this since the day I downloaded it :heart:

2 Likes

I limit the length of the raycast for performance performance reasons. I could increase it, I guess.

Anyway, here’s a protip: You don’t have to pan your camera across the entire map. You can press “F” while part/s are selected to focus on them. This teleports your camera towards your selection. If you want to select a specific part in a model, you can hold alt+click.

3 Likes

Awesome stuff dude! Also I really like how you made the design similur to RBLX studio’s current style :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This may or may not be a stupid question but, does it save models (like custom models)?

1 Like

Yes.

2 Likes

Hey! I really find this tool helpful specially with forest related maps. It saves me a ton of time!
I have a really great suggestion from my experience using it for about a month: ADD RARITY.
This suggestion is for the brush tool and would help making the end product way better. The idea is to have each item in the brush have a rarity, where you can have a model that rarely deploys while another deploying commonly.
Thanks again for the AMAZING plugin!

2 Likes

Very nice plugin! I can see this being extremely useful in future projects.

I saw this while scrolling through the other day, and could only find it through the key words “not rehearsed.”

1 Like

This tool is beautiful, I can finally work as well as I do in Unreal engine 4, Thank you!!

1 Like

This tool is almost perfect - but I can’t find any way to get the stamper to stamp things on a grid. If it could respect the Studio grid size, or even if I was able to set an arbitrary grid, I could make buildings and other non-organic structures with this!
Is there any chance this could be added?

2 Likes

this tool is very useful, but i would suggest making the spread bigger.

2 Likes

This Tool is Amazing Im Currently using it for my Map Building. It makes Planting Trees So much Easier Thank you.

1 Like

Hello I just installed this plugin to place my models all over a terrain. I can not get it to work properly for the life of me. It will “paint” the models that come with it just fine onto my terrain. I’ll list the errors it’s having.

• I added all of my rock models to the list and activated the brush. I clicked the green circle on a empty place and a long row of rocks shot out no where near the brush. I deleted it and kept trying but it will only put the rocks in that exact place making a long row.
  • I looked in the settings and saved the terrain as the parent. I tried painting again but this time any model I select will just spawn them in the exact placement the original is on the map. It will not paint them anywhere else. I even tried deleting the original models I have laid out on the terrain. =/
2 Likes