The follow cam is activated by setting StarterPlayer.DevComputerCameraMovementMode and DevTouchCameraMovementMode
The scripts are the auto-inserted default ones
1) Follow cam becomes stuttery during slow left/right movement (stop/start/stop/start)
- You can replicate this in any game by using a controller joystick, and not moving forward but just SLIGHTLY holding right.
DO NOT USE RIGHT THUMBSTICK AT ALL DURING TEST to see what I mean.
- alternatively, you can replicate on keyboard by going here https://www.roblox.com/games/4325681861/pillar-test
and stepping on the walkspeed 3 changer for example, and just holding D.
- in the playerscripts, thetaCutoff seems to be the culprit. Changing it from 0.4 to 0 seems to help. (Also helps with bug #2)
2) Follow cam does not follow when moving forward & only turning about 5 degrees.
- Annoying when moving forward and slightly turning when moving fast OR slow.
3) Follow cam just absolutely breaks when moving a controller’s right stick.
- It also creates a weird second controller dot icon
4) Follow cam does not pause when using left/right keyboard arrows to pan camera
- This is also creating another stuttering bug (even more noticeable/jarring) when moving but holding a keyboard arrow
- While panning with every other method does pause follow as it should