Building Price Guidance

Greetings! As someone who undervalues their work often, I’ve been having a tough time pricing my builds. If you guys could give me a rough estimate on how much this build would cost, that would be great!

10 Likes

This (In my opinion) is worth anywhere from 50 USD to 100 USD. I have no clue if I’m undervaluing your work, but it looks good…

2 Likes

I don’t deal with prices much, or like, ever, but this is a very good build, probably 5k-10k R$.

2 Likes

It’s hard to say. I commonly see a lot of people undervaluing work done by all types of developers, including builders. The only jobs I see paying a reasonable amount are Homestore-type builds. (They’re normally bought for 85k-100k Robux)
I’d say that that’s worth around 50-80USD (as @x86_architecture said) but, sadly, most people would want to pay 20-50USD. It’s pretty hard to gauge my prices too. I want to sell my builds to people for a reasonable amount while still trying to fit into the amount of money people expect to pay.
That’s why hourly works best. The longer it takes (AKA: the more detail needed) the more money you get.

6 Likes

Its a very simple yet complex build and well you have high detail in some areas theres details lacking in others, all in all I would price this at about 4-5 thousand robux if someone were to commission it and 2k if you are trying to sell it as is, its a very nice office but it can be hard to sell off something premade like this as it requires a certain taste

1 Like

I totally agree with @budmomo. Even if you payed close attention to detail, it’s really just the textures doing the work for you. To be honest, it doesn’t seem worth $50-$100 USD. The build in itself is not complicated. When thinking about prices, how long did you really spend on the building portion and how difficult was it to make? I know this varies with experience, but I have met people a few months into building and they already pay close attention to details by overdoing it with parts. Although your build looks detailed, it probably isn’t too many parts and mostly decals/textures.

So far, it’s been two months. And It wasn’t too hard to build.

Isn’t that a bad thing? Overdetailing can kill a build.

I meant the “overdoing it with parts” as in they know how to make a build detailed by just positioning the parts to make it look as close to the reference as possible, esp since the reference they used was too detailed. It was only for practice, but they learned to optimize the amount of parts they use now and can still bring attention to detail, despite being a couple months into building. My main point was that months of experience doesn’t matter, just how you build it and how much time it takes minus the hours of procrastination. It really depends on the buyer, some will value this higher or lower than intended. This, of course, is just my opinion.

1 Like

quick feedback, the ladder needs detail, it stands out for being a little blocky.

1 Like

This some excellent work, I am myself a builder and I don’t think i will ever be as this good, I have made some builds but never something this good. Keep up! :smile:

1 Like