Building System

I’m working on this cool new building system but I don’t know what do to with it.

• What do you think of it?
  • What should I add to it?
  • What kind of game would it be suitable for? (don’t reply with “a building game” or something obnoxious like that)

I look forward to your feedback!

6 Likes

Thats a good building system but there should be an unplaced block that shows where its gonna be placed when its clicked

1 Like

This is awesome, but I also agree with what @zaydoudou said.

That’s pretty clean, it’ll be cool to see the material on UI so that you know what you’re placing.

Other than a building game, you could make a build-to-survive game, which are fairly easy to make and fun for anybody. Simple project you could add to your portfolio for bigger games.

I agree! Currently, the material is shown on the bottom left and you are able to cycle through these but I look to have a full GUI where you’re able to choose a block rather than cycling through it.

1 Like

That’s a good idea. I’ll start working on that for the next update!

4 months later, done lol

I really like it, couldn’t create it myself! Although a small tip, maybe add a transparent block(visible but see through) where you can the spot where the block is about to be placed.

I’ve actually created that in an earlier post, or did you mean a semi-transparent block? Either one is easy to customise so it’s a win-win.

was it that hard to learn how to use selection boxes?

No… I just worked on other things and decided to come back to it a few months later… lol