[[[__closed__]]]

[redacted as requested by @1VASM1G1NS ]

1 Like

What method are you using to move the bus? Tweening, or setting the model position manually?

2 Likes

Have you tried tweening the bus?

3 Likes

Try to set the primary cframe of the bus, then tween the primary part, assuming the bus is welded to each other.

2 Likes

Oh,
What should I make the primary cframe of bus?
Is driver seat a good option?

Preferably make a part for the middle of the bus, but if you don’t feel like doing that (supposedly if the bus is just going forward) the driver seat would work.

2 Likes

Oh ok thanks.
I will try this and tell you.

2 Likes

@FastAsFlash_Dev I don’t suppose you know exactly what welds do. Even if they hold two or more pieces together and update their position and rotation, you still have to think about speed, mass and so on. It depends on how you move it, if it’s with speed then try to set all the parts of the player to massless. If it’s tweens, then try the Character Controller of Egomoose and play around with it a bit.

P.S.: You can try to welds invisible Seats Parts on the Floor and then make that the Player sit on it.

1 Like

@Aqeix
Hmm still something is not wrong :frowning:
The bus gets stuck in the mid air.

@Eternalove_fan32
yes you are correct, I dont know much about welds thats why I thought of doing this small project. But I ran into an ocean of errors and problems which I dont have a clue.
I have tried playing with character controller by Egomoose but I find it hard to implement in this.

Thanks for this nice idea but, I want to figure out why the bus gets stuck in mid air.

1 Like

Where did you tween?

Not sure why you’d have to weld in the firstplace.

Couldn’t you just set jumppower to 0?

3 Likes

Can you give the file of your place? Or send the link of the BusModel with his scripts?

1 Like

@Eternalove_fan32

This is the place file.
The main script is in
Prop_Cobus_2700S->A chasis tune-> A chasis Interface-> Prop -> Server Controller

The welding script starts from line #75

@Aqeix
I randomly took a free model from the toolbox so I have not scripted the bus.
And I dont find tweening anywhere except in UIs

I want the player to be freeze in a standing position with welds. When I just try to set the jump power and walk speed to 0, the player starts to move when you drive the player with full speed.

1 Like

Instead of using welds, use a seat instead

1 Like

Yes I am aware that I can use seats but, I want them standing not sitting.

I’ve never tried this, but, try setting the humanoid property, “platform stand” to true

1 Like

I have experimented with it.
But when I set it to true, the character kind of like sinks/slips down the baseplate.

Hmm, then, last option, set the walkspeed to 0

1 Like

I have tried setting the walkspeed and jump power both to 0.

Since the bus is moving I need to weld the player to the floor of the bus otherwise the player gets fling out of the bus.

I am now thinking of giving up on this lol

TweenService can be used to tween parts smoothly. I feel like this may be the only way.

Wait until I get home I’ll do some code for you.

3 Likes

I think it’s maybe you are trying to move clients, when they have their own force, it’s just a script, fighting because clients are trying to move and the bus want’s them to not move and be welded.

1 Like