Buy OBC with ROBUX

Support.

[quote=“Weeve” post=158872][/quote]

Well here comes a group in handy, if your banker buys a group and people buy the shirts then the group pays 30%. The banker can keep the money he invested and cash you out the money you earned at 0% (as NBC). After you got 2-3k you could buy BC and then ask your banker to hand the group over and you are settled for the future. (Then banker can also prepay your 2-3k which you give back later onwards; the banker has also be a (close/good) friend ofc.)

At face value it seems like Roblox would be hemorrhaging money.
But im not an economist, nor someone that cares if this actually happens or not.
If you can prove it’s not counter productive in a money making sense, then it’s their choice and pointless to argue about.

They’re only making money letting us sink robux into devex by selling robux for 4X the amount as well.
BC would probably be the same way. Even without the whole 4X deal, it’s just pointless all the same. And any less than 1X, it destroys the worth of robux
But at the point where you would end up buying BC with robux at the EXACT SAME RATE as it costs in dollars, there’s literally no point in that.

If you have parents that are too afraid to buy you BC/robux, how could you have possibly gotten enough robux to buy BC in the first place?[/quote]

Here is the point. If I were going to use DevEx then why pay 4X as much when i can pay $20 upfront and then get my money instead of paying the equivalent of $80? I understand that there are some people who would use it because they aren’t allowed to buy BC with real money, but I would think that that is a very small percentage of the ROBLOX community.

Total support,if you use the DevEx rate you would have to find a way to earn some R$ while you had any level of BC if you wanted to keep it. I think this could really drive up the amount of content that is being produced along with more reason for people to produce quality content.

I’m in full support of this. Roblox would actually gain money from doing this, while allowing people whose parents are against online purchases to get their hands on Builders’ Club memberships. It’s a win-win situation.

Let’s assume I wanted to buy one month of basic Builders’ Club using Robux, and it would set the cost according to the DevEx conversion rate. That membership would cost me 2380 Robux. The membership is going to give me 465 of those Robux back, assuming that the membership lasts for 31 days, so there is no way I could buy a membership using that membership. In total, 1915 Robux are removed from the economy, which, if you were to buy them, would cost a minimum of $24.95 without a BC membership (with TBC it would still cost $19.90).

The point is that Roblox would make multiple times as much money off of selling memberships for Robux than they do if I were to purchase the membership directly. This holds true for all other membership types and durations except lifetime memberships.

OBC generates ROBUX, which normally can only be generated by paying real money according to ROBLOX’s rules.

Edit: I saw Weeve already posted this

[quote] OBC generates ROBUX, which normally can only be generated by paying real money according to ROBLOX’s rules.

Edit: I saw Weeve already posted this [/quote]

You’re not generating Robux, though. Strictly seen you’re putting a certain amount of robux in and slowly getting a small amount of them back over time.

Honestly, at the very least this would be an interesting experiment. The only con would be the time it takes to implement and bug test the feature.