Camera going more in a V than easing into a curve

Hello!

I am trying to manipulate the camera to go more into a smooth U shape, however it seems to be moving more in a V which is quite unappealing. How do I smooth it out?

I’m also being a bit lazy and using part CFrames instead of making my own, it’s less time consuming though, but I’ll switch if it’s necessary.
Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 9.32.27 PM

The script that tweens it (wrapped in a loop):

TS:Create(Camera, TweenInfo.new(5, Enum.EasingStyle.Sine, Enum.EasingDirection.Out), {CFrame = Left.CFrame}):Play()
	wait(5)
	TS:Create(Camera, TweenInfo.new(5, Enum.EasingStyle.Sine, Enum.EasingDirection.In), {CFrame = Middle.CFrame}):Play()
	wait(5)
	TS:Create(Camera, TweenInfo.new(5, Enum.EasingStyle.Sine, Enum.EasingDirection.Out), {CFrame = Right.CFrame}):Play()
	wait(5)
	TS:Create(Camera, TweenInfo.new(5, Enum.EasingStyle.Sine, Enum.EasingDirection.In), {CFrame = Middle.CFrame}):Play()
	wait(5)

Thanks in advance for the help!

I don’t think nonlinear movement (the path itself) is possible with TweenService.

2 Likes

@NachtHemd Is correct you cannot make a “U” with TweenService.

HOWEVER

You can render the path first then use RunService.Stepped to render it on the camera. Otherwise, you will just have to break it down.

1 Like

Darn, that sucks. Thank you guys! I probably would have frustrated myself and then given up haha.

But… you can… you can make nonlinear movement with more complicated maths right? I’m not being sarcastic. I am actually hopeful here. I have a whole lot riding on this.

1 Like

It’s alright, a simple tween that goes left and right, up and down is just as good in this scenario haha.

Using tween service to demonstrate a curve is a terrible idea since tweening directions / positions is only linear or straight. Try learning about Bézier curves!

1 Like

https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/articles/Bezier-curves

2 Likes

I would think you can use a loop using “fictional velocity” in the tween service until it gets to a certain position where the “fictional velocity” changes.

1 Like

It’s alright, I am just going to settle for a simple tween for now, thanks though.