Camera never stops moving when using MacBook Trackpad

Upon moving my camera, I first noticed the sensitivity was very low at the start however as I continued to pan the sensitivity and speed of the camera movement would increase. As I stop moving my fingers on the trackpad, the camera continues to move in the last direction it was being moved in and won’t stop until I try to move the camera again or click off the Roblox window - I even enabled shift lock during the movement of the camera and this just made my character spin along with the camera.

I’m not really sure why this is happening, as it wasn’t happening earlier this morning and I’m fairly certain the Roblox client hasn’t updated for me since then - I’ve even restarted my MacBook to see if this would solve the issue but it didn’t. I have attached a video of what is happening below.

Device specs

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7
16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

14 Likes

This hasn’t been happening for me, and I’m on a Macbook pro 2018 13inch, pretty much same specs but 8gb of memory.

Thanks for the report, we’re investigating.

4 Likes

The issue happened to me once, a couple of days or weeks ago I think.
But it seemed to be fix for some times.

Though I’ve just checked and it is indeed happening again at the moment.

I’m on a Macbook Pro, with MacOS Catalina v10.15.6

3 Likes

I’m not sure if this is related, but I am seeing some weird camera behavior on mobile since ~11:20am PST this morning ( This was not happening yesterday or last night )

When calling :Disable() on the ControlModule while the player is using a thumbstick, the camera will get stuck either not letting the player control the camera anymore or the camera thinks the player is constantly trying to zoom in/out anytime they drag on the screen.

4 Likes

The same issue is happening for me right now too, MacBook Air on macOS Catalina 10.15.6.

1 Like

Same is happening for me on Mac Book Pro 16 - macOS Catalina 10.15.6

Thanks for checking it out.

For your reference I have tried deleting all Mac OSX preference files (from the Library). And reinstalling Roblox and it still happens for me in all games (except AdventureUp) where I believe they take 100% control of the camera.

Mac Book Pro 16 - macOS Catalina 10.15.6

https://www.loom.com/share/bb19303653494e4ab5e679f97cbb34ac?2

1 Like

Same issue is also happening to me aswell.

Currently on a Macbook Pro on macOS Catalina 10.15.6.

1 Like

FYI I just upgraded to macOS Catalina 10.15.7. Same issue persists.

This will be resolved in about ~10 minutes. You’ll have to restart your game clients.
Edit: This is fixed.

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.