Can we not stretch decals when we upload them to the site

That should be black only with no blue in it. My guess is that it’s like that because the image was stretched when it was uploaded to the site. Don’t do that pls.

[quote]

That should be black only with no blue in it. My guess is that it’s like that because the image was stretched when it was uploaded to the site. Don’t do that pls. [/quote]

[strike]Yeah, I’m getting artifacts on my reasonably-sized 5xx by 2xx pixel image. It seems that they no longer are uploading at 1:1 any more.[/strike]

For my relatively large image, it’s 1:1, but there are some unusual white artifacts around semi-transparent pixels. Seems that it’s different for Echo’s very small image.

When you download it from the site do you get the same size?

To download it - in your browser go to http://www.roblox.com/asset?id=(imageid) and add .png to the downloaded file. Then you can open it with your image editor.

If it’s the same size then this is a result of scaling it ingame. Even with ImageRectSize it must be merging with out-of-bounds pixels.

have to hyperlink it somehow

The original and this image are the same size, so the engine is the culprit.

This is the image it downloads from the -1 id:

It looks like the relative size is okay (as in it’s still a vertical line and not stretched out across the screen), but the colors are still combined together, it’s 21 pixels wide instead of 2, and it has all of that whitespace.

If you upload the image on a 900x900 canvas (even though you’re using only a percent of it) and then use the spritesheet properties to just select the part you need, it should work out fine. 900x900 images aren’t stretched or downsized.