ColorSequence property doesn’t select text on first click in Properties window

When I select particle emitter’s ColorSequence input box by clicking it once it looks like the value is selected, but it’s actually not. Everything works well when you click it twice but it can still be pretty confusing and frustrating.

It happens every time I interact with particle emitter’s ColorSequence property.

It happens to every particle emitter.

I’ve noticed it a few days ago but I have no idea when exactly did it break.

I think that the original particle emitter is selected instead of its ColorSequence input box when I’m trying to interact with it (check the video, when I want to cut the color numbers with CTRL + X particle emitter is getting cut instead of the numbers, the same goes for CTRL + V, particle emitter is being pasted into the workspace at the end of the video). Everything works well when the input box is clicked twice but it still can be confusing and frustrating.

Also I don’t know if this is a bug or actually intended feature but you can’t edit multiply particle emitter’s ColorSequence at the same time when it’s possible with other properties to do so.

2 Likes

I noticed this problem months ago, figured it was intentional for whatever reason. I usually select the colors and then press the right arrow to go to the end and then it’ll let me backspace it all.