Can't Update or Install ROBLOX

[quote] I’ve still got this issue, I’ve had it for over a month now. If I copy up-to-date Roblox version files from friends, I can launch games using Clonetrooper’s Roblox for Steam launcher.

Today a new version of the client came out, so I went to play a game normally to see what happens when Roblox updates. The update bar filled all the way up, I waited a couple minutes and still nothing, so I cancelled it and tried using Clone’s launcher, it gave me this error when I tried to launch my game:
[image] [/quote]

So update on what I’ve done: I’ve formatted my boot drive, and re-installed Windows and I’m getting the same problem. So I guess it’s a hardware issue of some sort?

Might be stupid to ask but still would be good to know.
How good is your internet?
maybe try to go into regedit and clean out any Roblox entries in “HKEY_CURRENT_USER”
Delete all roblox files located in AppData and its sub-folders. (might want to backup your plugins and everything)
Uninstall Roblox studio and player as well.
Do a restart of your PC/Laptop.
Then install ROBLOX with these links. (they are direct links to the Roblox Player and Studio exe.

http://setup.roblox.com/RobloxPlayerLauncher.exe
http://setup.roblox.com/RobloxStudioLauncher.exe

I used to had that problem as well but fixed it with the steps explained above.
Maybe also try to check all your drivers for updates if you haven’t done that already.

[quote] Might be stupid to ask but still would be good to know.
How good is your internet?
maybe try to go into regedit and clean out any Roblox entries in “HKEY_CURRENT_USER”
Delete all roblox files located in AppData and its sub-folders. (might want to backup your plugins and everything)
Uninstall Roblox studio and player as well.
Do a restart of your PC/Laptop.
Then install ROBLOX with these links. (they are direct links to the Roblox Player and Studio exe.

http://setup.roblox.com/RobloxPlayerLauncher.exe
http://setup.roblox.com/RobloxStudioLauncher.exe

I used to had that problem as well but fixed it with the steps explained above.
Maybe also try to check all your drivers for updates if you haven’t done that already. [/quote]

There is nothing left of my old OS. As for my internet I’ve tried both with and without a VPN, and I’ve also had two different types of internet, 50/10 Residential, and I now have 16/4 Business. This appears to be a hardware issue, it works fine on my brother’s computer. So to get the latest RobloxPlayer, for Clone’s launcher, I just steal it from him.

Update: Nothing has changed…

Just thought I’d let you all know that the problem is still here.

THANK YOU CLONETROOPER1019!!!

[quote] Update: Nothing has changed…

Just thought I’d let you all know that the problem is still here.

THANK YOU CLONETROOPER1019!!!
-Image- [/quote]

Yeah the issue is still persisting for me too. I used Clonetrooper’s idea to make myself a Java app to run Roblox games now online.

[quote]
Yeah the issue is still persisting for me too. I used Clonetrooper’s idea to make myself a Java app to run Roblox games now online. [/quote]
It’s a sad reflection on client update problems when our top devs have to write their own applications just to join a game.

Clone, maybe we could work on some sort of web based game launcher? Perhaps a button to start with that users can iframe and launch games from their own site?

For those of you unable to launch games, can you try opening up your dev console on a game’s page and running this Javascript code. Does this work?

var placeId = 183860017; RobloxLaunch.RequestGame('PlaceLauncherStatusPanel', placeId);

[quote] For those of you unable to launch games, can you try opening up your dev console on a game’s page and running this Javascript code. Does this work?

var placeId = 183860017; RobloxLaunch.RequestGame('PlaceLauncherStatusPanel', placeId);

it might be worth noting that on chrome you can enable/disable the roblox launcher plugin on the chrome plugins page (chrome://plugins)

On that page scroll down to find ROBLOX, and make sure it looks something like this:

Bumping this thread too.
Super irritating. Anyone want to compare specs and see if it’s a hardware issue?
dxdiag: http://i.imgur.com/mfl9L8i.png

[quote] For those of you unable to launch games, can you try opening up your dev console on a game’s page and running this Javascript code. Does this work?

I can get that launcher panel open any time. It’s just that RobloxPlayerLauncher never shows up.

@Janthran or anyone else having this problem:

Would you please paste this code into the chrome console, click play, and post the output here? I am trying to debug the issue and I know this function is returning false for some reason:

Roblox.Client.IsUpToDateVersion = function(o) {
  // If version checking is not live, current version will be the empty string
  // Example version format: "1, 2, 8, 24"
  var serverVersion = Roblox.Client._currentPluginVersion;
  console.log('server version:', serverVersion);
  if (serverVersion == null || serverVersion == "") {
    return true;
  }

try {
    var installedVersion = o.Get_Version();
    console.log('installed version:', installedVersion);
    if (installedVersion == "-1" || installedVersion == "undefined") {
      return true; // plugin failed to execute Get_Version
    }
  } catch (ex) {
    console.log('error while getting installed version:', ex);
    return false;
  }

if (serverVersion === installedVersion) {
    console.log('they match');
    return true;
  }

var installedVersionValues = $.map(installedVersion.split(","), function(val) {
    return parseInt(val, 10);
  });
  var serverVersionValues = $.map(serverVersion.split(","), function(val) {
    return parseInt(val, 10);
  });
  var versionStringLength = Math.min(serverVersionValues.length, installedVersionValues.length);
  console.log(installedVersionValues, serverVersionValues, versionStringLength);
  for (var i = 0; i < versionStringLength; i++) {
    if (serverVersionValues[i] > installedVersionValues[i]) {
      return false;
    } else if (serverVersionValues[i] < installedVersionValues[i]) {
      return true;
    }
  }

if (installedVersionValues.length !== serverVersionValues.length) {
    console.log('length mismatch');
    return false;
  }

console.log('worked');
  return true;
};

Seranok, when I run that code, I get a log that my serverVersion is null or blank. From the current line:

if (serverVersion == null || serverVersion == "") {
    return true;
  }

Okay I came up with a hacky fix. For some reason [tt]launcher.Get_IsUpToDate()[/tt] is falsely returning [tt]false[/tt]. The workaround is to completely ignore [tt]launcher.Get_IsUpToDate()[/tt] and just assume the launcher is up-to-date.

Attached is the chrome extension. Thanks to Janthran for being my guinea pig and letting me narrow in on the problem.

Nice!

We’ve implemented a fix based on the issue observed in the provided logs. It should be released next week.

@Crazyman32
@CyberHusky88
Did you guys by any chance attempt to kill the ROBLOX Launcher process while it was updating before this started happening to you?

[quote] @Crazyman32
@CyberHusky88
Did you guys by any chance attempt to kill the ROBLOX Launcher process while it was updating before this started happening to you? [/quote]

I guess it’s possible I did. I definitely did multiple times after it started happening.

[quote] @Crazyman32
@CyberHusky88
Did you guys by any chance attempt to kill the ROBLOX Launcher process while it was updating before this started happening to you? [/quote]

I guess it’s possible I did. I definitely did multiple times after it started happening.[/quote]

No clue, likely not, but there is a 10% chance I did. It was months ago, so I’ve got no recollection of it now.

Can you guys try install/update again and send me the most recent logs if it still does not work.

In addition to the logs in temp directory, another set can be found inside C:\Users\name\AppData\LocalLow\RbxLogs.