CanvasGroup Stuck Hidden After Tween

I’ve got another bug with CanvasGroups, this time it’s with ScreenGuis…

I am making an elevator control panel for my elevator system, and I am working on a “fade-size” animation using tweening for the opening/closing trigger effect.
All works fine until I attempt to open the GUI after initially closing it. It appears that once the GUI is hidden, it refuses to show again.
(I am pressing R on my keyboard to toggle the frame’s UI visibility in which I scripted myself)

Here is a video demonstrating the bug. As you can see, I messed with tons of properties to try to get it to show up again. You can also tell that Visible is checked, and GroupTransparency is 0. So what is going on here?
After the CanvasGroup is tweened to supposedly show up again, you can see that all TextButtons & MouseEvents are registered as if the CanvasGroup and its descendants are visible.

Expected behavior:
The CanvasGroup should fade back into appearance as GroupTransparency is being tweened from 1 to 0.

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Display
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 09/14/2023 02:10 PM (PST, UTC-7)
Date Last Experienced: 09/14/2023 02:15 PM (PST, UTC-7)

Roblox Studio Version: 0.594.0.5940525 (64bit)

2 Likes

We’ve filed a ticket into our internal database for this issue, and will come back as soon as we have updates!

Thanks for flagging!