[REOPENED] CaptLincoln | Composing and Arranging Services

Composing and Arranging Services

For all your music needs!

A Word from the Composer

Hello there! As an artist, I often asked myself how best to spread my love for music and my interpretations of music with the world. Now, I have found one such outlet. I began in my music career at the age of eight, when I began in musical theatre, and have since moved from performing the pieces of others to creating my own. Over the last decade, I have experienced just about every genre of music there is. As a result, I feel I have an understanding of music that I hope you will find enjoyable!

Currently, I study composition in a Los Angeles-Area College, and below are some new updated tracks from my work. Perhaps you’ll find them enjoyable; perhaps more you’ll like them so much that you’ll want to get one for yourself!

So, what are you waiting for? Let’s make some music!

So Wait, What do You do?

Glad you asked! I write fully original compositions in many different styles to suit your needs. Most of my experience is in grander scale music, however I am fully capable of making smaller ensembles sound just as powerful.

As well as Compositions, I can also arrange music for different ensembles. Have you ever wondered what Timber would sound like as a Brass Quintet? Well, you needn’t wonder any more, as I can create that for you to enjoy and use!

To summarize, I make music to make your games better, or even for you to experiment with yourselves to see what sounds good.

Showcase and References

You can view excerpts of my compositions here:

This piece was written as an adventure story.

This piece is a nice loop I compiled to use for simulators or other simple game types.

This is a heartfelt ballad to the one desire I have when all is done: I wish to go out with a bang

This is a fun arrangement of Star Wars I wrote. I love Star Wars. Don’t question it!

This is a swing piece I wrote that I made a lo-fi track. I like to call it “Electro-Jazz.”

This piece is a shortened version for an in-development project.

Feel free to contact me for applicable references.

What is your Schedule?

I work at your pace, for the most part; I can’t write a piece in a day, after all. I usually ask for about a month at least in order to ensure the best quality, but I can make things work faster if you need it in it a pinch. I am more concerned with making the best track I can rather than the most tracks, so I take a limited number of commissions at a time.

Payment

Payment is negotiable on commission, but I do have to actually make some money. A single three minute piece usually takes somewhere between 20-60 hours to perfect. In general, pricing is determined off the following big ideas.

1. Minimum I can do for a two week commission is around $25/minute of music.
2. The pricing varies depending on the length of the project and the number of pieces. A single song needed in a day will cost roughly the same as five songs needed in a month.
3. I will work with you to meet your needs, including payment plans and other possibilites.

I accept payment in the following ways.

1. Paypal and cash payments are my preferred method.
2. Robux is acceptable, based on the current DevEx rate.
3. Percentages are accepted ONLY in conjunction with one of the other two methods upfront.

Contact

Contact me here on the forum, or on discord at ADLHoratioNelson#5748!

I hope to hear from you soon! :musical_keyboard:

4 Likes

Is that robux or dollars if its dollars thats quite alot

It is in dollars, because I have to cover my costs. An average minute of music takes 2-3 hours to make. At $25/minute, I’m making between $12.50-$8.33 an hour, which is far less than minimum wage in my state. It’s my compromise between needing to cover costs and catering towards the ROBLOX market.

Ah I get it now, was just curious thats all. Also good luck with your wage.