Car Physics for Racing Game

I have a big idea for a game, but it requires quite complex car physics like the ones in this game. How do you think he made the karts work so smoothly and stick to surfaces like that?

1 Like

@LeitrisArcade

Maybe just ask him? :wink:

One thing to note, my computer isn’t exactly the best out there, but isn’t the worst either… I had some fair difficulties getting into the game. Complex physic modeling for cars on Roblox is one of those things, where it’s great for single player demos of what Roblox can do. Multiple cars being acted upon by various users around the world as they go around a track can be very difficult for both the users’ computers and for the Roblox server to handle.

Just a reminder from the recent branding thread.

Hadn’t read that thread yet. Thanks. That’s gonna be an awfully hard habit to break… :sweat_smile:

You’re only simulating your own car. The other cars are simulated by whoever is driving them and simply replicated to you via the server.

Roblox Servers already fail to handle replicating basic tank chassis cars back to users. My point is that advanced physics cars only make that even worse.

Your best bet is just to talk to him.

If you’re talking about cars like LeitrisArcade made, then they’re actually much simpler to replicate because they don’t rely on physical constraints very heavily. But regardless, mechanism interpolation has been added recently and should greatly improve the appearance of the car simulation over the network.

If you’re talking about collisions between two cars being simulated on different clients, then that’s an incredibly hard problem that likely can’t be solved well in Lua regardless of the complexity of your car simulation. Even GTA5 struggles with this and isn’t quite perfect.