Changing a property in a UIObject and deselecting it later crashes Studio

For some reason every time I change a property and later deselect it Roblox Studio crashes randomly, I’m wondering if anyone else has come across this bug.

This started happening for me in about the end of October 2020 but a reinstall fixed it, and now it’s back again. As I don’t have access to post anything on the Studio Bugs section nor did I find any topic that had the same problem, I thought this was the best place for it.

A video of me reproducing it: - YouTube

Did you fully reinstall all of Roblox’s files? If not, try that.

Also, what kind of pc do you have, CPU, GPU, ram, etc.

Lastly, do you have any beta features enabled? If so, try disabling them and restarting studio.

That’s the only thing I can really think of right now.

I think I reintalled it properly because I did the same thing I did last time this happened.

I’ve got an Intel i7-7700k CPU, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU, 32 GB of Ram, C: 500 GB HDD, D: 3TB HDD and a 1TB SSD.

The beta features I have are Expressive Output Window, Safe Studio Updates and Scripts are Non-Strict by Default. I tried disabling them like you said but it didn’t change anything.

Did you:

• Click the start button or the Cortana search box in the lower left of the screen
    • Alternatively, you can hold the Windows key on your keyboard followed by hitting the S key
  • In the search box, type “Programs and features” and click the Programs and Features icon that appears at the top of your search list
  • In the window that pops up, scroll down until you see Roblox
  • Uninstall the program there

Yes I did that and I also checked AppData if something was left behind.

Uninstall it and check

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local

And see if there are any files named “Roblox Studio” / “Roblox”

Or just remove those folders all together.

I’ve deleted most of the folders in AppData with the name Roblox and located in a folder called Roblox or close to it.

If this doesn’t work I might as well refactor my computer because it’s been a long time since I did it.

Yeah, that was the next thing I was going to say.
I’m not 100% sure but I think that in windows when you reinstall it you can keep personal files and remove all app data, but again, not sure.
Then again, you may just want to get a fresh start.

Yeah if you would see how messy my computer is you would see why I want to do it.

1 Like

Yeah, I probably need a fresh reinstall too.

Anyway thanks for trying to fix my Studio! I’m gonna keep this going, if you want my attention you have to @ me.

Yeah, anytime! I’m always happy to help.

Please create bug reports for issues such as these. If you do not have access to that category, please message it to the @DevEngagementTeam group.