Chaperones in RDC

Hi, if I were to go to RDC next year. I would be 15 by then. Are developers under 16/18 need to have a chaperone? and if I do, does it have to be a parent/guardian or may I bring a best friend also participating in RDC who is over 18 to chaperone me.

6 Likes

If you are under 16, you will need a parent or guardian who is at least 25 years old.

Source: https://www.rdcglobal.com/faqs

EDIT:
More info I found:

6 Likes

I guess I won’t be able to chaperone for 8 more years. Kind of disappointing, really.

7 Likes

Just to warn you in advance it’s quite hard to give an exact answer, as the chaperone age has been inconsistent between years: last year the minimum age of the chaperone had to be 30, whereas it was lowered to 25 this year. While you’d definitely be fine bringing parents, you won’t be able to know if your friend will be accepted until invites are released. With this being said, however, I can’t personally see the age becoming as low as 18 :sad:

Developers under the age of 16 need a chaperone, however they do not have to be a parent or legal guardian as far as I know. As long as they’re above the age limit – whatever that may be next year – you should be good

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I’ll keep that in mind.

2 Likes