The default Roblox sound script for characters has a few issues with it, many of them are fixed here! This script relies on a more “global” approach compared to the current “local” per player approach to the script, while still being local and not requiring the server.
- Less connections.
- More customizable.
- Less loops.
- Reduced memory, and increased performance.
- Customizable character logic. (Can choose which characters get the sounds.)
- Runs on 1 Stepped event TOTAL instead of 1 per player.
- Get the script here!
- Insert it into StarterPlayerScripts!
- Call the “CharacterLoaded” event within the script ON THE CLIENT as soon as you are SURE that the character is fully loaded in. The script makes NO attempts to make sure the character is loaded in, that’s your job.
script.CharacterLoaded:Fire(Character Humanoid, Player Instance, Character RootPart)
- Call this for every character that loads, that you want to have sounds. Including other players!
- All done!
The extra performance benefits of this script will slowly kick in if there are ALOT of players in your game. This script is simply meant as a extra way to SQUEEZE some more performance out of your game!
If you have any feedback, questions, concerns or advice on how to speed up performance even more. Please don’t hesitate to reply below, or message me here on the developer forums. Happy developing!
Its recommended you check back here often to make sure your module is up to date!
- Fixed issue with walking sounds not stopping or playing properly.
- Improved performance through localizing global variables and table.create. (Small increase.)
- Now supports luau type checking.
- Changed old deprecated velocity property to the new AssemblyLinearVelocity.
- Fixed issue of sounds not properly playing at start of game.