Character Tycoon | Investment needed

About Us

Hi there! Me and my friend, Cal723, made a character tycoon game. The game is on CTLB Studios. For the game, we need an investment.

The Team
@Cal723 - Builder, UI, and Idea
@CaptainD_veloper - Scripter

You can see our progress so far here: https://www.roblox.com/games/2271574551/TESTING-AREA-Character-Tycoon

About The Game

We are looking for an investor to invest to run ads. The game had 200 concurrent players yesterday, before it was shutdown by roblox for copyright issues. We intend to fix those issues and release the game again!

Our game would need an investment of 5k+. The money back can be negotiated.

Contact Us

You can contact me on devforum or discord: Captain#1855

Thanks for reading! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I recommend opening the place up for evaluation before asking for investment.

Will do sorry about that. I didn’t know that. Now access is for everyone.

Can you explain why it was copyrighted so we know it won’t happen again?

The reason for the copyright was the use of pikachu in one of the tycoons.

I just wanted to let you know that there seems to be a glitch with multiple players being allowed to join the same team.

Yes don’t worry, the real game has that fixed.

I’d be interested in investing if you can answer this question:
What makes your game different from others?

Honestly I think ours is better because it is better built than most and it doesn’t shove like “buy this” in people’s face like the other tycoons that have those gamepasses literally everywhere on the ground that are wayyyy over priced. Also our products are actually reasonably priced and the tycoon being a character tycoon allows us to add almost anyone the ppl who play want to add. Also I feel like overall it just seems a lot more cleaner than other games because most have weird textures everywhere which make it look messy or are very cartoony and bright with rainbow UIs that are shoving again “buy this” in people’s face while our UI are very subtle and allow people to be able to enjoy the game a little more.

Cal723: For the players that can be on the same team, that is because I was planning on making a new tycoons to add. I fixed it because I published the actually game in the testing area, so you can retry and it will be well made. The pikachu is currently being changed because of copyright reasons and mario will be changed too because of copyright, but I have already messaged roblox and they should get back to me soon. On the first day that we released we made almost 3k robux and if the game was still up I would think we would be at 7-10k robux by now. The game should be released again soon and we will try to add some cool updates like crates and bosses because players like that a lot. After release I plan on adding two more tycoons so 8 players can play at the same time which will be more fun for players. I hope you guys like the game and if u don’t please give us some feedback so we can make it better. Thank you!

• Cal723

The music is awful, unoriginal and very predictable. You say your game is different but it has the same 2014 whiny electronic music that every other tycoon has. I’d suggest reconsidering the music choices or getting some custom music made.

Ill take that into consideration :wink:

I’ve been playing for about 30 minutes now, and I think that’s about all the patience I have for this game. I’m sorry to say, but it reeks of freemodels and unoriginal content. One of your points was that it’s different from other tycoons, but it looks like it’s straight out of a tycoon setup on the toolbox’s front page. Granted, it might not be, but it sure looks like it. Every team has a copy-pasted tycoon with changes only in color and weapons for the characters. My character is supposed to be Pikachu (or Shazam, can’t tell at this point) but I’m using plain roblox gear as my weapon? [click for gif of weapons] I’ve seen this in other tycoons, like one called “Magic Tycoon” but instead of magic, the players were running around with katanas. Come on, make your game interesting and add some scripted magic instead of making us use any old roblox gear. The whole thing is just generic, and maybe if you added boss fights it might get a bit better, but I’m assuming by boss fights you mean the whole server teaming up on a brainless NPC that only chases players straightforwardly with no challenge. You said it doesn’t shove the “Buy this!” stuff in people’s faces, but… most of the gui is for gamepasses or dev products. These annoying robux-only buttons are still on the tycoon’s ground too. [click for pic of rbx buttons] If you put gamepasses in the gui already, don’t turn them in to buttons that only remove upon paying. All they do is trigger my OCD.

Though I will say that the gamepasses were relatively cheap, and that the map did look pretty neat compared to other tycoon games.

TL;DR: It isn’t unique. (and sorry for the long message, I really dislike when games like this get on the frontpage)

1 Like

Okay, thank you for the feed back. I know that tycoons are not for everyone or the best games out there and I am sorry you do not like the game. I will remove the tycoon buttons for gamepasses. We are also planning on changing the amount of time it takes to complete so it wont take as long. I have had thoughts on making custom “magic” or like gears that would go with each character but we have not gotten to that stage of the developmental process. It may also look like free models, but I promise that everything is 100% mine and nothing is copied. We also plan to add a few more updates that will allow players to gain money faster for free like crates and bossfights or defeating each other for cash, but the bossfights would be more challenging than other games. But anyway thanks for feedback.

I’d like to remind everyone that younger audiences tend to pay less attention to detail and more attention to the actual game.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Investment posts are now against the rules:

I have hidden the topic to prevent it from being flagged going forward. Since you posted this before the rule was active, you will not receive any sort of punishment at all. Apologies for the inconvenience.