Chatbar Change Exploit

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    I want to find a way to prevent the exploit where an exploiter can make messages like “:ban” automatically change to “:kill me” or whatever else they want.

2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    A group I develop for has dealt with exploiters who can do this for a few months. Whenever they begin using exploits and one of our admins tries to use the admin script to ban/kick the exploiters, their message in the chatbar is changed. When I tried to type “:ban,” my message was automatically changed to “:kick nonadmins.” As you can guess, this has been pretty annoying. We’ve had to resort to using the command bar to kick them.

3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    I haven’t tried any solutions so far because I do not know where to even start. I have tried looking for solutions on the Developer Hub but I was not able to find any posts or topics concerning this specific exploit.

1 Like

I don’t think that this has something to do with your game, you can only access the chatgui with a localscript, but the client obviously only runs on your computer, as said, i don’t think it is possible but i could be wrong with this since i haven’t found any script that would’ve made this possible.

1 Like

I doubt this is possible as it shouldn’t replicate.

There might be a backdoor in your game, unless there are any actual proof of this: I’m interested to see it!

Also, make sure your admin script isn’t based on username, but userids instead, as the player can change his/her name, then grant access to your admin commands.

1 Like

I can help you locate backdoors in your game if you need it.

Search all scripts with “getfenv()” and “require”

Search for getfenv, not getfenv()
You can just do genfenv(0) and your search wouldn’t pull up it up.

There aren’t any backdoors. I checked using both these methods.