City Project X | Feedback Needed

City Project X

Yeahh, may seem a little weird to do it like this. Eh! Who cares.
City Project X is here! The sequel… To a sequel… To another sequel.

• What are you attempting to achieve? (Keep it simple and clear)

Attempting to get better building skills.

• What is the issue? (Keep it simple and clear - Include screenshots/videos/GIFs if possible)

I don’t have good feedback yet. Except from some people, like Noti_fied. Good job, those people!

The Screenshots

• What solutions have you tried so far? (Have you searched for solutions through the Roblox Wiki yet?)
    I don’t think we need the Roblox Wiki for this, its just some feedback.

Game Link; City Project X - Roblox
Have fun!

2 Likes

Well, this is sure something.

Style

Unique but (i’m very sorry) poorly executed checkerboard style. You can try doing this with textures (If you’re not using them right now) tho for it to be you need to keep in mind another criteria.

Colors/materials

This is very important. Don’t use oversaturated colors if you don’t know what you’re doing. Try “blending” the colors together. For example, use pastel or one tone colors. This will change the look of your build pretty heavily.

Builds

The house and trees look very “Geometrical”. They need more shape/style. Choose your own way of making your builds stand out. But for now, try adding roofs, windows, bushes, etc. Also, the street looks very empty. Try adding trash cans, bus stations, lights, etc. But keep in mind that you’re trying to stick to your own style and color palette. This is the hardest thing to do to be honest.

Here's some examples of roof aand window types

windows

Overall I like your idea very much. You just need to execute it better. 4/10

The checkerboard for the entire map is a rather unusual style, but I kind of like it because it’s different.

I would put more thought into the trees though. Something about them just seems off and they could look much better in my opinion.

For the house wall, I would recommend using less of the same texture and mix it up a bit. Use colours that match better and change the door completely.

There’s not really much more to be said as the map is still rather basic.

Try spreading out the trees. It looks a bit weird when they are all bunched up. Maby add some street parts with trees in them.
EXAMPLES
download%20(7)
download%20(8)