Claim A Page That Lasts Forever

As the name states, I created a simple game that allows you to buy a page and write some text and then have it sit there for all eternity.

Ideas that I’m currently working on integrating into the game:

• Polishing the user interface, especially for all resolutions.
  • Better handling on GetAsync() to prevent overloads. Haven’t experience an overload but better safe than sorry.
  • Anonymous system.
  • See the text filtered before buying it.
  • Fix the bug that errors your interface if you prompt the devproduct but then cancels.
  • “Teleport” to any page number.
  • Create an invisible ‘token’ that stores how many times you’ve bought the devproduct. This will allow you to claim another page if yours didn’t save. It should always safe generally but this is just a backup solution.
  • Add clouds. (Currently done but Roblox still has them as a Beta feature, the game looks much better with them.)
  • Players can write on pages for free but get overridden by players who buy it for 5 Robux.
  • Update archived pages system, cooldown on archives, etc.
  • Edit your page.
  • Select text color and font.
  • Badges for joining and buying a page.
4 Likes

3 Likes

I found a massive bug! In the text editor, the date was above, now it’s on the side.

Did you end up adding spaces? I’ll look into it either way, just curious.

Yeah. I added spaces until It reached the next line.

I bought two posts spending big bobux out here. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It does that because the text is all on one “box” I suppose. I use RichText to create line spaces.

420000 is mine :eyes:

Datastores and a preloader. Preloader is the fancy name I give the script that saves page data when they’re loaded, so they can be easily reloaded.

I’ll work on this!

How are your fingers not broken?

I’ve always been intrigued by games like this.

Most useful thing I’ve ever spent Robux on, totally

I didn’t actually claim it yet, but when I add the feature to type to a page you want to go to, I will >:)

Tell me when you add the feature!

I got the idea from something like million dollar homepage. It’s a link to a website where you buy a pixel on a site for advertising. Then people can come to the site to click on the pixels, just for fun but in reality it gets the job of advertising done.

:+1:

Can you create a community tutorial on how to make a a page that last forever I have been wanting to learn how to code this forever. Did you use httpservice datastores. Did you save them to tables and convert it to a format that can be saved in datastores?

I would but I think that’s too specific of a tutorial, if you get what I mean.

I used datastores.

When they purchase the page, I retrieve their text input then I add their username and I use RichText to make it look pretty with the new lines. No need to convert them from tables or turn them into tables. :smiley:

I use some other tricks like saving already loaded pages to relieve GetAsync() from being called so many times.

It’s cool, but it’d be nice to choose if you want to remain anonymous. Sometimes you just gotta vent without anyone judging you. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

A funny addition would be the ability to “claim” pages for free, however someone can pay the money to properly claim it forever and change it if they so please, so people could potentially leave their mark but get overwritten if someone wants to purchase it.

1 Like

@cpguy5089 @FxllenCode, thank you both for the ideas! I’ll be adding them in when I get there!

1 Like

Roblox please enable cloudsss, these look so nice. Moonrays would be cool too.

Greatest game ever.

“It’s March, flying cars are still not a thing.” - QuackingDuckQuack 2021

However, could you add a preview page? I tried typing something and it turned out to be tags.

2 Likes