Cleaning myself of (Please Read)

Hello people of the developer forum,

to start. this is a very serious post about myself in the past. none of this is a joke, secondly i’m not sure where to put this so if its in the wrong place please tell me where to put it and ill change it immediately, however. without further-ado, lets get into this.

#Chapter 1: The post.

Back in 2020, i made a post about my new game Paradise island. Which i now made private. this post was basically said hey can i have some feedback. heres the game. at first, it got some nice feedback which made me self-esteem rise. until when i woke up i noticed 2 likes and 5 dislikes. which decreased my self-esteem. checked the post i made and saw a lot of criticism. this is where it went wrong.

#Chapter 2: Criticism fallen into the wrong hands.

At this time, i wasn’t good at handling feedback and just said “This games in alpha, there is still bugs”. until i realized no one really cared (well, just continued.) so i started to get mad. i started kind of getting a bit rude in a way. i said stuff like “to start of. is in alpha.” instead of “Hey man, thanks for your feedback. just wanted to tell you that m,y games in alpha! however, ill take your criticism towards my game to make it a more fun experience!”. That was for a while.

#Chapter 3: Broken…

I saw a post from @souppression with a bunch of stuff that would make it a better game. however it was basically mainly alignment. well, perfection isn’t everything, so i ignored it. because i’m honest, ill show proof on how i was acting:

so basically i ignored feedback.

#Chapter 4: Conclusion

As of the past 2 months. i have reflected on myself and took feedback seriously, as you can see here on this post i made i took criticism the correct way and improved the game with the feedback given.

Overall, i’m sorry to the people I’ve been rude to or felt sad.

I’m sorry.

starting a new chapter on the developer forum. re-branding myself.

Thanks for taking your time for reading this.

7 Likes

I recommend putting this on #collaboration:portfolios or #bulletin-board cause this doesn’t really have anything to do with development discussion.

1 Like

Also forgot to mention im sorry to the people who i ignored.

2 Likes

Thanks! ill change that now! thanks for telling me!

1 Like

It’s nice to know that you are improving as a developer! I wish you luck on your future projects. :+1:

5 Likes

Im just gonna wait for some toher responces about it being in the wrong place since if i but it in #bulletin-board no one can reply. if no one else does il put it in there!

It’s nice that you’ve taken time and reflected on your past behavior. When you make a post asking for feedback, people aren’t going to sugarcoat it because you need to be honest with the creator of the game or else it’s not really good feedback.

Using free models and having bugs is normal for people, especially if you don’t have all of the skills or enough experience to make really good game components.

2 Likes

I completely agree! thanks for the kind reply!

1 Like

I do not understand the criticism of free models, why do they exist if they get hate for being used? whats their purpose?

I am okay with people using free models in their game, its a horrible feeling watching your game (or anything) have more dislikes than likes

i would love to see your future games, and want you to become a successful developer

3 Likes

thanks! with you the best! :grinning: :heart:

1 Like