Click Detectors stop working when using collision groups

Hey! Hello! Soo I was making my carry system and I noticed that click detectors stop working when their parent have a collision group made to not collide. (A collision group with can collide disabled to the default collision group.) And I wanted to know if theres a way to fix it? My code:

local Clone = Character:Clone()
for i,v in pairs(Clone:GetChildren()) do
	if v:IsA("BasePart") then
		v.Massless = true
		local density = 0
        local friction = 0
        local elasticity = 0
        local frictionWeight = 0
        local elasticityWeight = 0
        local physProperties = PhysicalProperties.new(density, friction, elasticity, frictionWeight, elasticityWeight)
        v.CustomPhysicalProperties = physProperties
        PhysicsService:SetPartCollisionGroup(v, "NonCollidable")
    end
    if v:IsA("BaseScript") then
	   v:Destroy()
    end
end

If I’m not mistaken, I believe this is an engine bug. I remember reading about this previously.

Although it might take a bit of work, one workaround could be to create your own click detector framework by setting up some events on the client to get user input and mouse position, check the target of their mouse, if it’s determined that the object can be clicked on (maybe using CollectionService and tagging all click detector objects?) then fire some event to the server with the brick when the player clicks on it.

1 Like

I was going to make a thread about this in engine bugs section, but I thinked that may its not a engine bug or something, I think theres a better solution that is create a part that has can collide set to false and weld it to the player’s torso. I will try it to see if it works, thanks for telling me!

1 Like