ClickDetector CursorIcon does not work when changed mouse.Icon

I have changed the default mouse icon by adding the following script into the StarterGui.

local plr = game.Players.LocalPlayer
local mouse = plr:GetMouse()
mouse.Icon = "rbxassetid://5277626918"

then I tried to use the CursorIcon property of ClickDetector when this happend:

when I hovered the mouse into the part, the icon remained unchanged. But then the changed icon appeared when I moved it outside the screen.
the image I used in the clickdetector: rbxassetid://5271051825

Same thing happens in the actual game(I swapped the icons here).
I tried it on different places, tried different images, but the results didn’t change.

Cursor_bug.rbxl (18.3 KB)

11 Likes

I am in the process of checking over bug reports and following up on some bugs that haven’t received any activity in a while.
Is this issue still occurring or can you confirm that this bug has been resolved?

2 Likes

Alright, when i get more info from the engineers i will pass it on.

2 Likes

pretty much still happening. just not on click detectors.
here is the cursor normally
when on proximity prompt

Any updates? As of now this is still a issue.

1 Like

Bumping this, it’s still an issue

I wasn’t about to reproduce the bug myself as it seemed to work. Perhaps it can be due to corrupted/massive plugins interfering… It is good to analyse the Roblox Studio’s version, disable temporary the extensions (via Command Prompt) and test it out.

This thing still buggin’. Roblox needs to fix this RIGHT NOW! @Roblox @Roblox @Roblox

This feature is still broken @Roblox

This is an issue for me as well.

I have a football tool that if you have it equipped you get presented a aim icon. Instead, it just shows your roblox cursor.

ROBLOX PLEASE READ THIS POST AND FIX IT.

Credit to @CaptnJB for helping me with this issue.

If you put your assetid decal on a brick first, then it gives you a new set of numbers. Place those new numbers in your script and you should be good to go!