[OPENED AGAIN] Game Tester *UNPAID*

About Me
I’m currently 14 and am soon to finish middle school. I recently started and developed a passion for coding/developing around two years ago. I work alone and hope to finish a good game that can have a good player base.

Team
@Notrealac0unt - Everything

IMPORTANT
I understand most people offer cash &/or robux for jobs, but I cannot offer any of these things and I analogize in advance and understand if this turns you away.

Job
The job is to join me in-game to help me test through the scripts and game so far, along to provide feedback and what to improve.
I would like at least one to two people to join simultaneously to help test through the game so far.

Game Type
A clicker RPG, you encounter monsters and click the “Fight” button to deal damage to the enemy. Defeat them you win X amount of Crystals (game currency) and battle Gem Keepers to acquire Gems, collect Spirits (Pets) with Crystals. Finally purchase Gems to increase damage stat.

Contact
If you are interest, first, I really appreciate it, and second contact by replying or DM in Twitter @CadenBlack4 or Discord CBGames#1874

Link - https://www.roblox.com/games/2646803121/Gem-Finders-Alpha

Any age is OK.
Thanks in advanced,

• Notrealac0unt
9 Likes

Hey, I’d be more than happy to help you out. Do you have a Discord account I could use to contact you?

2 Likes

Yes my Discord number is #1874

I’d love to help you out. :grin: but I don’t have twitter. Will that pose a problem?

Oh I just realized its closed :flushed:

I looked through the forums and if re-opening a topic is not allowed please let me know and I’ll close it as soon as possible. Also this is opened again due to @Yolobeans joining me a while back and helping me test through it and giving me feedback and I’ve added most said feedback and would love more suggestions from others! Again this is unpaid and if it turns you away I understand.

1 Like

I’ll pop in and see what you’ve done. It’s a fun game to test, and it has so much potential.

Best of luck to getting more testers!

1 Like

My Feedback

The game looks like it has a good start! Nice foundation, good structures, and all. However I noticed you mentioned you work by your self. I kind of see how this can pose an issue in your game. I’ve noticed in the past when developers make games by them self, they seem to lower the quality in every part of the game just a little.

I kind of notice this with you game as well. Its good in general, but quality is lacking just a little in every area. From building, UI design, etc. The scripting it self seems fine. But every developer has their specialty. I see above that many people have offered to help you out. I encourage you to accept their help so the game can be more complete over all!

But in general, great start to a great game! Keep it up! :smiley:

1 Like

Interesting you noted that. I thought the same thing, and Real said that he values being the sole worker. While I think it would be quicker and likely better, solo work is a great way to build skill and it really makes you feel good.

Just an FYI for you and any other future tested :wink:

Cool, we had a similar idea. I do agree that solo work does build skill and confidence but at an extent. I was once an inexperienced developer but a good scripter and builder who thought I can do it all on my own. But I realized that skill and quality is not the only thing that matters.

Its also the motivation and energy to continue, and it can be frustrating and hard to make a game all by your self. It can eventually get stressful and even hurt your game. It’s always nice to have someone to bounce ideas off.

I believe if you want to improve your skill, do it via showcase kind of things. Not game. Games need a team not just for skill and quality. But for the feel of team work, varied ideas, and balance.

2 Likes

I completely agree, and I have gotten nowhere near an alpha or beta release on any games I’ve made by myself. I find it hard even with two people to really motivate yourself. I prefer teams.

I am always impressed at people like Q_Q or Real who can really get to work on their own. It shows responsibility and well-rounded skill.

This is sort of getting off-topic, I think.

1 Like

I read your post. And I’d like to help you. I’m pretty busy with my project, but I’m generally active everyday. Your project seems like it’d be a breeze for me, and so I wouldn’t mind helping out.

Alot of my code is in private places. Here’s a snippet of something I’m working on currently.

Thank you all for the feedback. I’ve noticed I lack of a few things as well, @tntmyles helped me test out my game and noted most of what you said with minor bugs. And as @SentroRetorak said a team is very helpful. Yes motivation can go a long way but I feel as if I don’t have enough money to hire someone to help. But I’ll find a way, thank you all so much for the support :smiley:

1 Like

I will give my personal thoughts on this.

Make the tutorial more “Engaging”

Not trying to be offensive, But I got bored reading the signs. Why not make a sort of “Tutorial Island” type deal. Where you go through the tutorial by actually DOING everything instead of just reading the signs. Much more engaging and keeps the player interested instead of skipping the tutorial entirely.

More detail into the builds

The building is not a bad start, but it requires more detail. Its too bland.

Make different types of music play depending on where you are

It can get annoying listening to the same track over and over again. Which would probably cause the player to get frustrated and either, leave and never come back. Or just mute the game entirely and play their own music in the background.

So examples: Make at least 3-4 different tracks play in the main area of the game. And new tracks would come up once you enter the hospital, or house.

The music also overlaps in fights.

The fights are too simple.

I went ahead and took the time to create something to help inspire you a bit. I understand the game is meant to be a clicker, but why not make it a bit more “3D” instead of just using gui’s for the fights!
Example:

Idle Animation does not belong to me and belongs to roblox
There could be the fight sequence. Two buttons which would obviously be the run or fight options.
And maybe animations could be used when you try to run or fight.

“Pets” Could use more detail!

I suck at making pets so don’t judge

But pets could like a bit “modern” I should suppose word this?
Such as the ones you see in simulators.
I have no idea how to make pets x2

But something like this.

Overall…

I have not got too far into this game yet. But if this is your first game, its not a bad start. But try to revamp it into a more modern roblox style. To make it more appealing to today’s audience.
Also to add onto this, try to also make more appealing thumbnails. The showing ingame footage is not a bad idea either. But maybe some cool text to go with it like “BATTLE COOL MONSTERS!” Or “FIND RARE GEMS!” To get the audience more intrigued.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.