[CLOSED] Looking For An Experienced Scripter To Join Our Team

The scripter position has been filled, feel free to read through the post if wanted.

A little about me and the job:

Me: Hello there, my names Alec and I’m a young project lead / developer from the UK. I have had experience with developing and feel like I’m finally ready to go from someone who was hired, to someone who is leading the project. I founded the group Robloxian Innovation not to long ago and I wanted this group to become a game development studio where we can make games that are enjoyable and make users want to come back. I myself excel in Graphics, primarily 3D art (GFX) but I also am capable of intermediate building and know the basics of scripting etc… The main reason for this post is for an individual to help me and @Urbanize take our game to the next level bringing our creations to life.

The Job:
The game we are currently making is a spin-off of of Horrific Housing and Plates of Fate. Although it may seem similar to Horrific Housing we are taking virtually a completely new approach by further extending what has already been made from the great game itself. The name for the game is MisManaged and here is a few little glimpses we can show you of the progress made so far. (with ought giving too much away).

A few glimpses of the progress made so far:

The main layout of the game: (Will be further alternatives in the future)
Layout
The Starter House for MisManaged both exterior and interior: (Modelled by @Urbanize)
Starter%20House%201
Starter%20House%202
Other examples of houses we want to implement: (Built by myslef @AlecAJH)
Extras
Both the games Thumbnail and Icon: (With the game’s logo)
%20MisManaged
5%20MisManaged%20(With%20Logo)
Virtually all of the games’s UI: (Made by @ so_l)
D9rKRoNXYAAeToH
D9rKUcjXUAUIjz3

That is pretty much most of the progress made for the game so far. It may not seem like much but all this was achieved in a very short amount of time.

What is required for the job in terms of scripting. You will need to be able to:

• Create a Data store so individuals can save there progress and items;
  • Be able to script the games UI, and create the functioning round system so users can play the games continuously;
  • Be able to script both simple and advanced disasters which will most likely be very different from one another to make the game enjoyable;
  • Some other basic necessities.

Hiree’ Prerequisites & Preferences:

Preferences:

• Determined:, has the same passion for developing as I do, always wanting to improve on their work and be at the top of their game
  • Experienced:, has alot of experience with working with other developers, understanding how games are made and the journey it takes, and understands how Lua works and can use it in a more advanced way. (Preferably 1-2 years+ with Lua)
  • Good work ethic, does not procrastinate, knows their stuff, and doesn’t use any free scripts available on models / the internet.
  • Respectful and Chill, to those around and treats other members of the team how they would like to be treated and stays calm in stressful situations.

Prerequisites:

• Must have the Discord app on a Device (For easy communication purposes.)
  • Preferably 14 or older
  • Able to communicate in English
  • Knows advanced LUA for scripting purposes. (Obviously)
  • And a few others that are “less” important.

The team so far:

• Project lead: @AlecAJH
    (Myself)

• Lead Builder/Modeler: @Urbanize
    (A hardworking builder, that has spent many years in the building trade. And is great at using blender 2.8)

• Lead Scripter: (Taken)

Payment:

The payments have been agreed amongst me and Urbanize.

• You will receive 30% of All of the games earnings
  • This is mainly due to the fact that me and Urbanize are also receiving 30% each totalling up to 90%
  • The other 10% goes back into the group for other uses, such as advertising etc…

You can contact me on either:

• Discord: AlecAJH#8884
  • Or here on dev forums (Although I highly recommend discord)

Thank you for reading the post and for them advanced scripters out there, I hope you apply :wink:

1 Like

1 - giveaways aren’t allowed, so maybe remove it.

2 - how do you guarantee success?

1 Like

As @Juicoius said, I am sure giveaways are violating RBLX ToS

Well, for 1 - giveaways I had no idea they were not allowed since ive seen many games do this, and thanks for bringing that up. and 2 - we cannot 100% guarantee success but we are planning on making our game a one of a kind by implementing things that arent necessarily able to be found across roblox. Although they may be suttle the will make a difference in terms of gameplay. Although out game may not seems as “out there” we have only just begun so this a lot more to expect I can guarantee that.

Gott say this.from experience with horrific housing I know the game is 80% scripts with the only building being houses and the lobby, I would advise redoing payment to something like 20% ui, 60% scripter 20% builder

I highly understand that, me and urbanize have agreed to re-negotiate payments if the scripter feels like there not getting enough that was just a “rough” statement. we are happy to re-negotiate if a user would want more if they feel there not getting enough for their work… I understand that horrific housing is primarily scripts, our game is a bit more to the building side I must say but I totally understand where your going and if the scripter is feeling there not getting enough we are happy to re-discuss it.

How advanced would disasters get, from horrific housing I wouldn’t say a scripter needs 2 years experience to be able to make it

The reason we stated 1-2+ years, is we wanted to guarantee that a user has some valid experience with working with developers. We have had scripters in the past but they hadn’t worked on many projects on a mass scale. We wanted to assure ourselves that we would get someone who is great at managing there time and understanding the image for the game that we want.

still doesn’t answer question of how advanced disasters get

Sorry, well when I meant as in advanced. I meant as in some disasters are basic disasters that don’t require much work to achieve but then certain disasters may take more time and effort to fully create. In terms of how advanced they get I cant certainly say since we have many ideas and none of us ourselves our able to script on that level so were sort of saying “out of our league” scripting that may seem a lot harder for us to achieve than someone with experience with Lua. I hope this sort of answered your question.

In the event of the game failing would you give the scripter a chunk payment

Of course! If the game does go down hill I am able to negotiate payment with the scripter in a one-time payment situation. Though I will have have to set a maximum but it wont be low just so they dont feel there time working with us was useless but the exact payment would be negotiated when the game falls.

Well, I guess I will not be able to take part in this because of the ‘1-2 years’ experience I do, in fact, have, but since you want someone who can work on massive scale projects, this is where I will fall. I can make scripts that are advanced, yes, but not something that can lead to a game on the front page. If it still is acceptable, please let me know.

We stated 1-2 years for experience on the most part, but if your willing to attempt it, Then I’m happy for you to join the team. As long as your able to do what is stated in the post then I’m sure you’ll be capable of prevailing, as long as its done quickly and efficiently then we will have absolutely no issues.

Locked early at request of author

Requested by topic creator.