[CLOSED MADE A MISTAKE!] Save Memory Project [ALPHA 1.1]

Closed. I have made a mistake. Sorry about that.

4 Likes

Update 1.1 has came in with instructions

Could you care to explain how this works internally? Looking over anything I don’t understand how this would reduce memory. It seems like you’re adding more memory by storing variables rather than reducing it. What are the methods to reducing memory like so?

1 Like

Again, This is my first project I have done and I am trying to understand Roblox’s API System more and how it works. It does seem like I am storing more variables and adding memory however I did organize a few things…

• I used the GetOrderedDataStore Variable
  • I lowered the quality of the rendering of the game
  • I added a asset loading so it can load assets faster

I don’t have much reasons as to working it internally however these are a few things I added to the "Anti-Lag/ Save Memory Script. I will try and look over more internally and see how it works and get back to your question. Thanks for your opinion I really appreciate it.

Have a great day!

The enum changing script does nothing, the anti lag script edits a deprecated value on Debris that errors if you try to edit it, the asset loading script just loads every asset in the game (how does that decrease memory usage?) and the MemoryData script adds values to a datastore for seemingly no reason? This doesn’t seem to reduce memory usage at all.

The scripts don’t do anything related to networking though, you probably just happened to get a server a little closer to you when you tried the place with the model on.

1 Like

Thank you for your opinion. I really appreciate giving a explanation, Smarter then me :frowning:

This tool can do none of the things that it claims. None of the code is good or reliable, and this resource(?) should not be used in any legitimate project. After reading through all of the scripts, I can only see a few variable assignments and inaccurate usages of various methods. I do not see how this could ever function, let alone function as it claims to. Please consider spending more time working on improving your skills before posting a resource(?) that will actually be detrimental to the users of said resource(?).

On the topic of saving memory, this code only uses memory. It does nothing to actually modify the memory usage of the game other than to, as I just stated, do the complete opposite of saving memory (albeit only a tiny bit due to the superficial length and nature of the code).

18 Likes

Why does this thing exist, this only serves to do the opposite of your claims…

No, no, no, no, no… you’re doing the opposite there…

1 Like

I would highly not recommend giving people this module… Not only does it increase memory by creating extra variables and instances, the script does absolutely nothing. It makes no sense to datastore memory usage… Whats the point of that? You even tried to require scripts that were not module scripts???.. I suggest getting a deeper understanding of Roblox Lua before deciding to publish your own community resource. I wish you luck.

4 Likes

Moderators, please close this. Clearly by other people’s feedback on this, it doesn’t do what it’s supposed to do, thus making this not a community resource for this title (if you know what I mean by that)

3 Likes

“Anti-lag scripts” aren’t possible, you should be optimizing your game instead if it lags.
This resource simply is just gonna add more memory…

• First, your EnumChanger script won’t work, and it only adds up more memory.
  • Second, the assetLoader script seems to be copied from a youtube video, I saw a similar script on Youtube back at 2018.
  • Third, the AntiLag script (at Modulation) is copied from Youtube and WON’T WORK. (I tried this back when I still don’t know how to script)
  • Fourth, why do you need DataStores just to save memory size??? That doesn’t do anything and won’t work + adds more memory.
  • Fifth, open this: The While-Wait-Do Idiom, by cntkillme: Addressing while wait() loops and this: Avoiding wait() and why

I am sorry if I am being rude, but again… This resource isn’t gonna help…
Note that this is on my perspective about this resource.

3 Likes

What I would do is make something that hasn’t been done before by making an anti lag reducer plugin. This plugin would have to have AI, and replace the bad parts of script’s with good parts. However I would assume it would be super hard.

For eg: Replace global variables to local variables (not sure if its still an valid optimization but it’s an example)

Plugins can do this since they have acess to script.source

1 Like

Thank you at least your a pretty explainable and nice guy

1 Like

Thank you, I just flagged it and I tried to close it

You don’t make scripts to reduce the code, it only does the opposite.
Not sure why you did what you did here.

Dev, frags good try, Keep trying and maybe you’ll get something! Learn from your mistakes i believe you can do it :slight_smile: @Dev_Frags

2 Likes