[CLOSED] Monever - Scripter / UI Designer

About Me

Nice to meet you! I’m a 24-year-old Belgian student who recently graduated with a master’s degree in bioinformatics. Over the past five years, I’ve been actively involved in content development on Roblox. During this period, I’ve gained expertise in various areas like scripting, building, UI design, and modeling, among others. While I’m confident in all these areas, I have a particular preference for scripting and UI design. Throughout my journey, I’ve been a solo developer, experiencing both the highs and lows of working independently for an extended period. Now, I’m eager to take the next step and collaborate with a team of talented individuals.

Scripting is undoubtedly my strongest area of expertise. I have extensively worked with the AGF framework (the ancestor of knit), which allows me to create modular and adaptable code. If I come across something unfamiliar, I make sure to conduct thorough research to understand and incorporate it into my work. I firmly believe that scripting opens up endless possibilities, and I eagerly embrace new challenges to enhance my coding skills and expand my knowledge. I have some knowledge on metatables, coroutines, promises, datastores, events, client/server relation, …

All of the user interfaces (UI) I create are made within the Roblox Studio itself. I do not rely on any external software for this task. In cases where certain graphics cannot be produced within the Studio, I source them from the web or, on occasions, create them using paint.

Currently, I don’t have any active game due to my perfectionist nature, which often leads me to overload myself with work as a solo developer. However, this does not diminish my confidence in my skills.

Having completed my master’s degree in bioinformatics, I’ve gained practical experience in various programming languages, including Python, R, and Bash.

Character creation, the profile service is utilized to load data exclusively for the character actively in use during the game:

Implementation of a very simple Q-learning algorithm in a snake like game:

Managing thousand of units for the client/server, able to run smoothly for my toaster (computer):

Map generation done with scripting + minimap tracking ennemies, players, as well as a fog of war effect:

Quick introduction of a game (old):

Boss fight n°1:

Boss fight n°2:

Creation of a weapon system, new items can easily be added to the game with unique features:

Gameplay:

Camera cinematic (old):

Gameplay + inventory + glider + ai system + loot:

Here are some various UI examples I’ve designed. I’m confident in my ability to replicate any style provided as a reference, which can be achieved within the Roblox studio environment.

Contact

You can reach out to me for contact through the Developer Forum, where my response time may be slower, typically ranging from 1 to 3 days. Alternatively, you can contact me via Discord for a quicker response, with a maximum response time of 1 day. My Discord handle is “monever” (Previous was “Monever#7719”).

Thanks for reading! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’ve added you on discord, I’m Trisins 1111