[closed old topic..]

[closed old topic] charsssssssss

EDIT: its a .mtl not .obj ------

My best guess at interpreting the error is that you’re trying to open up an mtl file through a blender shortcut, but blender is trying to read it as a blend file while it’s actually an mtl.

The mtl file is the file that holds the materials/textures for the obj, so there’s no use in opening it really, what you want is the obj.

Blender can only open up .blend files, you’re going to have to go into the default blender application and import it instead.

1 Like

Hi, just as a quick tip, try pressing the pencil icon at the bottom of your post to edit your topic. This is so the reader won’t see .obj until the very end of the post and you won’t need to reply with a small grammatical change :smiley:

1 Like

I think this is the wrong place to post this… I would consider uninstalling & reinstalling or trying to open blender and then the file.

2 Likes

Opening blender then importing the file is the way to go.
Blender can only open .blend files, he was trying to open the .mtl file as if it was a .blend.

I tried it myself trying to open up an obj doing open with > blender and it crashed and gave the same exact error screen.

2 Likes

Yeahhh thats what I meant. ^ here’s hopefully your answer @HEXRD try this & if it doesnt work let us know

2 Likes

it works ty (30 character))))))

1 Like