[ CLOSED ] Studio DT2 is looking for developers

Hi there! We’re Studio DT2 and we’re recruiting developers for a large scale project.

Right now we’re about to start working on a revamp of my former studio, Blue Shine Interactive’s game, Death Timer which as of recent hit 94K visits. We’re looking to hire a map designer and programmer to work with us.

Our team assignments for the new game are currently:

• Me - Scripter & Lead Developer
  • Sevarch - Community Manager
  • ChuckXZ - Founder of Blue Shine Interactive (he also
    coded, designed UI, animated, and built.
    )

About the Game

The best way to describe the game, is a round-based murder game. At the moment it only has one mode, and that is free for all but we plan to have a multitude of game modes in the final
product.

Currently, as you progress through the game you will level up and receive coins. You can also pickup coins in random coin drops throughout the rounds. These coins can be used to buy cases, and when you buy cases you will receive a texture for your knife or gun.

You can also trade these textures with other players. Premium players also receive a premium knife and gun texture.

That is a basic summary of the game, although there is more to it that is already developed.

Work

The initial work for the game will last from the time of being hired, preferably throughout the summer. I hope to have a good product to be able to put out for BETA around mid july.

We prefer for someone who is currently on summer break and will be until mid-to late august (or later), but we can always work things out.

Map designer

We’re planning to have a multitude of maps per game mode, so we prefer for someone who is able to get maps done within a quick time span. Preferably be able to produce a few maps per week, if applicable. This would be appropriate for the type of game play, game flow and production we’re going for.

Your job will include making the maps for each game mode, and as well making a lobby for the game, and anything else required to be built for the game. We hope that we will be able to find someone with good skills both in Roblox Studio and Blender.

We plan to hire a multitude of map builders, so if you specialize in specifically Roblox Studio or specifically blender, apply anyway!

Programmer

We’re planning to add a multitude of game modes, as well as a whole array of things the game currently doesn’t have, or we would like it to have. As well as we’d like to have someone who is able to work on the game and produce updates, as well as concurrent workflow during the summer so we can get this released sooner, as I am currently the only coder working on this.

Your job will include programming anything the game currently needs, any future needs, etc. This includes game modes, upgrades from cases, and a whole array of things.

We plan to hire a single programmer so we need to have applicants who can specialize in a multitude of things within coding from working on the game itself, to administrative stuff.

Payment Details

You’ll be paid depending on your availability, your work load and what you’re able to produce. Each builder will start out with a 10% cut of game revenue, and possible per month one-time payout on-top of that. Depending on what you’re able to produce, payment may or may not go higher.

The programmer will start out with a 20% cut of game revenue, and possible per month one-time payout on-top of that. Depending on what you’re able to produce, payment may or may not go higher.

As a full member of the team, you’ll be expected to continue to create more content on an ongoing basis after the initial release, as this would be appropriate for the production we’re going for. I can also offer any opportunities that I may see on the rise.

The key to a strong team is strong relationships - we’re a chill group of people so we hope you’ll be around in the Discord chat so we can all get to know each other better, the key to success
is communication, and communication is the key to a good work flow.

Contact Me

If you’re interested in this position, please apply via Devforum DM (@Yeita ). You can also apply through discord. I’m looking to select people within the next couple days, to a week or so (and further, if this post isn’t closed).

If you have any questions at all, or you want more details, feel free to message me! I’m happy to talk more.

image Yeita#8354

image @yeitadev

image Yeita

Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

There are many other games like this. What do you think will make this game stand out from all the others and succeed?

1 Like

Correct, they’re many games like this out there but only one is able to sustain front page concurrently. We hope to provide a game that would bring out something new in this genre, and that includes but isn’t limited to;

• Character Customization
  • Character abilities / upgrades
  • Weapon customization
  • Weapon abilities / upgrades
  • Multitude of game modes the current games in this genre
    don’t provide. (Not to spoil our plans but e.g cops n robbers in a way)
  • And a multitude of other things.

Decided to throw in some looks at our current UI.

Cases

Trades
Inventory

Leaderboard
Levels (progress bar is how far to next level)
Boombox UI
Sidemenu overview

Full screen overview

Hello,

Could you give some examples of what scripting has to be done? I’m free this summer, but I am not good on moving objects, guns and cars. :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance!

I’m interested in building maps. I just want to know what style of map, for example, a cartoon map using only smooth plastic, realistic map (obvious on what to do there), or another type.

Programming different game modes, character customization, lighting changes within different game modes (or even different parts of map?), etc.

Moving objects shouldn’t really be a issue, nor should be guns and cars. But, if so we can always contract someone. :smile:

Sorry for late response, was asleep!

Here’s a few examples of what I had in my older game like the one I’m hiring for, this is what I’d be looking for.

This type of style, but of course bigger.

About this size would fit what we’re trying to go for.

I’d say roughly about 350 x 350 for the size of a map. Preferably between 4-8K parts per
map, and other specifics that’ll be told if hired.

Images sized down to not take up super space on this post

Sorry for late response, was asleep!

Hmm, looks interesting. Hit me up on discord: marketmanager1#1029 (Studying rn, will try to accept asap :wink: )

1 Like

Sent! :stuck_out_tongue:

It was actually #1092

Oops, only noticed the typo now. Accepting! :slight_smile:

Add me on discord: gnaG_foO#6801 I think my style of building would fit the personality of your game and gui’s better than what you had.

1 Like

Sent a discord fr and as well dm’d you.

No longer looking for developers. Thanks for applying.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.