Clothing Designer Feedback 2019-2020 | nva_f

Hey everyone!

I started designing clothes in February (2019) and wanted to get some feedback since I improved a lot in my eyes. :eyes:

First shirt:

Started again after taking a 8 month break in July 2019

My recent work:

Note: I usually use custom shadings, it just doesn’t look good on all shirts.

Leave your feedback below and help me to improve :heart:

19 Likes

Fantastic! Yet, how do you get the custom clothing template?

2 Likes

Fantastic! Yet, how do you get the custom clothing template?

I made the template myself. The outlines are always the same, just changing the background works perfectly fine! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, okay! Great work though! This is top notch clothing!

1 Like

Before i give some feedback on some ways to improve, I suggest using a mannequin presenter next time since people can just steal the template and upload it on their own, a mannequin presenter is just the front/back view of the template put together to make it look like a 2D robloxian wearing the clothing.

I like the concepts of the clothing on their own, they seem simple and seem like something that somebody in real life would wear, my personal favorite out of the 3 more recent designs is the hoodie mainly since it would be something i would wear only thing i can say about the ideas of the clothing is to watch out for using anything copyrighted.
Only thing i’m not too sure about is why the opacity of the seams are so low, actually didnt notice them right away until i zoomed into the clothing. You can adjust the blending settings depending on what looks better and to raise the opacity, i recommend the opacity to be around 100 but that may vary depending on what you’re making. also adding white outlines below the darker outlines and lower the opacity a notch can make the seams/outlines give it stand out more.
Would also try to keep an eye on anything small that isnt filled in or if the outlines are somehow over things like the hoodie strings on one of your designs. These are pretty easy fixes but it’s a good habit to make sure all of the layers are organized right.

Overall the clothing is nice, keep it up!

5 Likes

Thank you for giving me actual feedback! I appreciate it and I’ll work on improving my clothing.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very lovely designs! As @Blizzei mentioned, you should definitely get into the habit of using showcases instead of sending the actual templates. Design theft/copying is a huge problem and keeping your templates to yourself is a good preventative measure.

Here’s my own piece of advice: Find a shading method that would go well with shirts like that. I did notice the seams, but the rest of the clothing does look quite plain. Look up some tutorials on YouTube, and keep practicing!

Also, once you do learn to shade, after you shade one shirt I would copy the layer with the shading on it and save it as another image. That way you can re-use the shading and not have to do it every time!

I hope this feedback helped! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I will defenetly work something out.

Thanks for the feedback. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to share the hoodie I recently made.
Hope you like it. :)!

preview

4 Likes

Here’s another outfit I made today. :slight_smile:
Tried using more shading.

preview

3 Likes

This looks great you are very good at making clothing keep up the good work your gonna Get far!

3 Likes

Thank you so much! This means a lot to me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This looks lovely! It amazes me to see how much you have improved since you first started.

2 Likes

This looks great- though I’d like to add some critiques such as the shading- one, you should try make sure the torso and the legs match up, since there is a straight line of no shading for the “crotch/back” area shown on the front or back of the torso.

I also recommend adding some shading to the shoes- they look ADORABLE, but I think some shading around the ears and how it connects to the “base” would be nice. :smile:

2 Likes

I’ll consider that next time. Thank you for your opinion. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No problem! Feel free to ask for feedback any time- or I’ll probably just respond here if you update it! :smile:

1 Like

Here’s antoher project I’ve recently worked on! I hope you like it :slight_smile:

1 Like

hello you can tell me that you use to make clothes and shade, I love your designs, you can give me some tips to start making clothes

Here are some more outfits I recently worked on:

Nike Outfit Burberry Outfit CDG Outfit Moncler Outfit

4 Likes

These are nice, you should try shading, it would make your designs 20x better than they already are! Wonderful work omg! :star_struck::kissing_closed_eyes: