Code Assist Beta: AI powered code completion

I disagree. Explanation of code is very important.

However, if it just completed the comment without making code… maybe something should change? It can assist with designs in the comments without writing code though, so it depends on context entirely. An option would be nice.

i did that, but then what? nothing happens when I create a script

You have to do double – then when you tell your command to the bot, you just wait for like 3 seconds!

1 Like

Damn the AI is pretty good, i was making an script to scale parts (In-Game) and it writed this line of code

Size = Vector3.new(Mouse.Hit.Position - ScaleSphere.Position).Magnitude, ScaleSphere.Parent.Size.Y,ScaleSphere.Parent.Size.Z)

And the most surprising part its that it worked! (Well uhh mostly…)

6 Likes

This is such a phenomenal and crazy update. Never did I expect the assistance of AI back when I was scripting in 2014. Seriously amazing how things turn out in the future which is now! The AI is powerful and it sometimes scares me a little how good it is. Well done! The way it analyzes my code and starts to write out code suggestions that align perfect with what I have in mind. Super brilliant. We are living in the times

2 Likes

Labeling this as useless is highly subjective.

1 Like

is there a bug where after enough uses it stops working or is that the daily limit? what is the daily limit anyway? will it be removed eventually? I can design very simple scripts but if I had unlimited uses with this, I could learn much easier and faster. Today I already learned how to connect functions to a player leaving / joining event thingy, all from Code Assist

edit: i forgor to type a few words im such a goofy ahhh

3 Likes

I’m genuinely impressed it was able to work out the unicode for a tickbox

1 Like

Fellas, we have officially peaked AI capacity.

3 Likes

no the ai uses i think GPT-2 and thats not very good, its pretty goofy too

I don’t see the point of using GPT-2 when there is multiple bigger and more powerful language models that are free for both private and commercial use. Models like gpt-j or gpt-neox. But then again, Roblox could also just use OpenAI’s API with a custom trained model (might make the feature might be premium only or something though .-.)

Note: I’ve self-hosted GPT-2 and the results are pretty bad, I hope that IF roblox are using GPT-2 then they will upgrade to something more powerful as well as improving/filtering their dataset.

1 Like

why cant they use gpt-4? srry if this is a dumb question, im just very goofy

i guess to save money or something because i think it costs money to get an api key for GPT-4

if you somehow jailbreak the ai into a chatbot, someone did this and asked him what model it was running on it said gpt-2

1 Like

You can use the AI as a chatbot lol. Roblox has an API for it (I’m pretty sure its suppose to be private and only for studio but its still technically useable outside roblox studio .-.)

LLMs have a tendency to hallucinate. Just because it says we’re using gpt-2 doesn’t mean we are

1 Like

Not a bug. We want to remove or expand the daily limit eventually. Out of curiosity, how quickly are you running out of tokens?

1 Like

I’m not actually sure, maybe after a couple hours or so, depending on what I have the AI write

ah, makes sense ig lol. especially with how many people are using roblox studio at once i can easily imagine the price being a small fortune

Are you able to disclose what model you are using?