awh man!

3 Likes

Bravo Roblox, pretty decent update.

How ever the suggestions they gave I already completed :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Try this:
IMG_20230509_203304

2 Likes

You know, whats funny is for the first time I actually think roblox was first to do somethingā€¦ Was Unity really second to the party?: AI Beta Program: AI Tools for Creators | Unity. As far as Iā€™m aware roblox was firstā€¦

2 Likes

Does not workā€¦

https://gyazo.com/5e29872923991992ccdf9a0b7c731813

I tried pressing Alt \ and nothing happens

1 Like

You need to press Tab from once making a comment to work from what others are doing

2 Likes

Doesnā€™t work.
///////////////////////////////////////////

2 Likes

I kinda dislike this AI nowā€¦ Itā€™s being very annoying:

5 Likes

The AI literally killed your motivation.

9 Likes

At the beginning I thought this would be an improved code syntax or method browser for complex metatable classes across MainModules.

I wish. That would also be a great update.

Does the AI try to ā€œsuggestā€ additions and edits any time you add a comment to scripts? That sounds like it would be annoying, especially for me, since I absolutely do not want AI assisting me writing code.

I hope that when this feature is out of beta that thereā€™s a way to opt out of it in settings. It might be the current trend, but not everyone wants AI trying to help them do things that they can do by themselves. (Yeah, I strongly oppose this being forced on all developers one day. I keep thinking about whether I should convert my game to Rojo so I can avoid using Studioā€™s script editor if they try.)

I have a couple FFlags set for my Studio installation that hopefully will keep AI Code Assistance disabled until those flags stop doing anything.

3 Likes

I get that thereā€™s all this hype for AI this and AI that and now everything is trying to get a piece of the AI pie, but is this really needed? I get that it could ā€˜helpā€™ new programmers by writing the code for them, but I cant imagine actually using this. If anything it could be detrimental by not allowing programmers to figure out a solution themselves.

5 Likes

Im worried that in the future, programmers will just type out what they need, click Alt+/, and then be done.

2 Likes

speaking off which, i remember when someone was testing the ai to see if it would make a druglist, it did and the table of the drug list actually had drugs that exist in the real world, might also wanna get that fixed

1 Like

I think that the ai should not have the ability to make comments and only be able to make codes literally solves all our problems

So whereā€™s the link to the plugin so I can use this?? Iā€™m not seeing anything anywhere related to ai.

this is the future, I am amazed.

itā€™s a setting. to enable it go to file Then beta features then click enable where it says AI-Powered code completion.

To be honest this is useless, it would be more useful if they added a feature using AI to improve the autocomplete system