Comment Request - DEMOLURKS

Testimony for DEMOLURKS

This can be a view of what Roblox could achieve by increasing DevEx rates, and losing key creators which could change the corporation for the better.

I’ve been on this platform since 2012, at the age of 7, grew up with this platform for the prevalent amount of time of my childhood, and has shaped the career which I aspire to venture into. Daily, I work for other people’s projects for my own gain, and for my own earned cash. I’m on the edge where I’m going to be deciding my career *very soon and I will not be seeking for support from my family, as I expect the very platform I work for to be sufficient enough to fund vital expenses such as college and university; I want to go into further education, indulging in Computer Science and Software Engineering.

Now I may not be as renowned as other developers, and bigger developers may rely on DevEx more than others, but there are countless like myself which do not see themselves making this into a career, but end up creating a hobby into a job; and those who do rely upon the Developer Exchange program can agree that this leads to demotivation and in some cases, leaving the platform altogether for a more sustainable living.

The DevEx rates nevertheless, are too low, and that’s looking upon a general demographic of people who drive Roblox to be what it is today.

Increasing DevEx rates will give major incentives to make better and higher quality content, and will entice developers to become full time contributors to the platform, as many of those with the skills to change the trend of games, leave the platform once they are bombarded with responsibilities which DevEx alone will not cover, which leaves this platform unsustainable for many, and the environment in which people freelance will be left very one sided and unmotivated, leading to a decline in new creations and ways that Roblox can market their platform.

I’m only 14, and I see the benefits of this, and so does Roblox, however they should majorly consider a slight cut in their profit margins for the possibilities which could arise, and it is surely worth the wait; and it’ll bring smaller and upcoming to-be developers a stimulus to create on this platform, and shape their careers and ideas like it shaped mine.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 1 minute. New replies are no longer allowed.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Issues with the Developer Exchange: Testimonies from the Roblox Dev Community