Conserving Model's Orientation after a Tween

Greetings!

Recently I’m trying to do a funny little animation of a boat arriving to a dockyard but every time it moves between waypoints the orientation changes which makes it look weird. This is how it looks like https://gyazo.com/01981a7c8dc229b568f4ace051f6a30b

Ignore the fact that the code may be a little bit messy, I am just messing around to see how I’ll work this system. I’m very new to TweenService and I can’t spot the problem myself.

Code that handles the Tween:

local function Route(spawnArea, boatModel)

local boatCore = boatModel.Core

if spawnArea == 'Spawn1' then

local currentWaypoint = 1 
local waypoints = script.Parent.Routes.Dock1
local amountWaypoints = waypoints:GetChildren()

for i = 1,(#amountWaypoints - 1),1 do -- Will aim and go towards a waypoint

for i = 0,1,0.01 do -- Will look at waypoint
wait()
local NewPosition = boatModel:GetPrimaryPartCFrame():Lerp(CFrame.new(boatModel.PrimaryPart.Position, waypoints[tostring(currentWaypoint)].Position), i)
boatModel:SetPrimaryPartCFrame(NewPosition)
end

local tweenInfo = TweenInfo.new(5, Enum.EasingStyle.Sine, Enum.EasingDirection.Out)

local readyTween = tweenService:Create(boatModel.PrimaryPart, tweenInfo, {CFrame = waypoints[tostring(currentWaypoint)].CFrame})
readyTween:Play()
readyTween.Completed:wait()

currentWaypoint += 1

end
	end
end

It seems to me that the boat might be changing its orientation the the waypoint parts orientation, it may be as simple as rotating the waypoints to how you want the boat to be oriented when it gets to them.

2 Likes

I’ll try that now, sounds like that’s the problem

1 Like