Constraints Scale cannot be lower than 0.44x

Issue Type: Display
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced:
Date Last Experienced: 2021-04-08 00:04:00 (-04:00)

Reproduction Steps:
Create a new studio place and insert an Attachment in the Baseplate. In the Model tab, check Constraint Details. Try editing the value under 0.44.

Expected Behavior:
The value should go under 0.44 according to the gif in the 2018 announcement of this feature:

We can’t see the number, but it clearly goes under the 0.44. Also, the value in the GlobalBasicSettings_13.xml says this value should go down to 0.1.

This is extremely important to us as we use attachments to place things on our assets. The lack of smaller scale prevents us to see what we’re doing and makes the process unbearable.

Actual Behavior:
For some reasons it sticks at 0.44, if I had decimals in the GlobalBasicSettings, I see 0.444. Not sure what’s happening behind the scenes.

Workaround:

7 Likes

Also while we’re at it, can we have control over how things are displayed… Like every time studio creates a SelectionBox, a display Gizmo, we need control. We need to be able to say what colors, thickness, transparency, length, type, hide it, anything really.

This is just getting very frustrating, I can’t see what I’m doing at all :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

5 Likes

Are there any new updates to this?

This is still a huge ongoing blocker - we’re having to overcome this sort of craziness in our workflow for rigging weapon models in particular.

In practice, we could take this to our own hands and create a custom visualizer plugin to address the size limit with our own property feature set as mentioned above (Color, transparency, shape, etc.). I really want to avoid putting in that sort of effort though if it could just be built into studio.

6 Likes

Hello! Does this issue occur anymore for any of you?

No, the issue was fixed in a recent release. The new lower limit is 0.1.

1 Like

I think this wasn’t picked up by the relations team, make a feature request as this is a really good idea!

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.