Cool camera system

So I decided to mess around with the camera for fun, and I was making a tycoon game, but now I went and made this camera system for it, and I really like it.

What do you guys think about it, and should I scrap the whole tycoon thing and opt to make some kind of MMO or Roguelike?

2 Likes

Wait does your camera system occlude the building exterior or is that just the model?

Just the model, but I could easily script it so it makes obtrusive parts invisible.

i dont feel like anything is changing. you just placed the cam at a spot made it look at yourself and tween.

2 Likes

The camera rotates to track a set target (Which can be changed) and positions itself to track the player.

Still working on the camera, and its my first time messing around with a custom camera like this.

(The camera can also zoom in and out, too. I forgot to display that i think)

1 Like

Honestly its not really that impressive, but it’s great for your first time making a custom camera so good job

2 Likes

It really isn’t impressive, but it made me happy when I got it working, so I decided to post it here :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Might also polish the camera and make it public in case people aren’t bothered scripting something like it.

1 Like

I’m surprised no one’s mentioned the positives yet.
I think this is pretty cool, it’s a really unique angle to be playing a game from (in Roblox) and could definitely work well in a Tycoon, but may be more interesting in an MMO, or especially a Puzzle-mystery game, as you have more possibilities to expand and explore on this viewpoint. :+1:

2 Likes

Yeah looks cool,
probably isn’t difficult tbh

1 Like