Core process "updateGeometry" taking 1.5 seconds to run FREEZING GAME

Every time I shoot a gun or throw a knife I made in my game, this process “updateGeometry” runs, taking ~1.5 seconds to finish which freezes the client while it is processing. The game is also a lot less stable in terms of framerate overall presumably due to the same reason, primarily at startup.

Everything was running smoothly last night at a solid 60 frames per second. Now every time I test my game in studio or in a live game I’m met with unbearable lag.

You can see the behavior in this game by shooting the gun or throwing a knife: Prison Showdown🔪 - Roblox

My system runs on an Intel i7 processor with a Nvidia 1080 graphics card with a monitor running at 144hz. I tried changing my graphics settings in studio from Automatic to OpenGL to Direct3D11 and none of them changed the behavior I saw.

We really want to release this game within the next week or 2, so any help or investigation is much appreciated!

Update: I reverted the place back 24 hours to make sure it was not an error on my side that slipped past me and it turns out reverting it solved the issue. I don’t know what the issue was or why my abundant micro profiling markers didn’t appear anywhere while I was trying to debug but

TL;DR it was on my end

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.