Creating a "party-style," UI-based game -- thoughts?

Howdy y’all :cowboy_hat_face:,
I am currently working on a game called Words of Wisdom, or WOW (based off of Ten Words of Wisdom on YouTube), where players, through a series of rounds, write responses to certain prompts, judge other peoples’ responses, and see if they earn “bonus points,” qualify for the next round, or get eliminated. Hopefully after having it released to the public for a while I could (1) bring light to the “party game” genre as the concept of the game is very simple and it adds to the social aspect of ROBLOX, (2) and (3). However my main concerns are that (1) since the game is entirely UI based, players may not find it as engaging as roleplay games, (2) I don’t have a fan base to rely on so I don’t know how the game could gain any traction (3) the game is intended to be played with a lot of players (max 100 players/server), and I’m not sure how much lag that will cause.

In order to solve issue 1, although this doesn’t solve the “this game is ui based” part, I plan on adding expansion packs called “Prompt Packs” to the game for players to buy so that they could answer more prompts, similar to the Red/Green/Blue Boxes that you’d buy with the Cards Against Humanity game. Players can also buy “Game Changers” if they invest enough time into the game and want things to get a little spicy. Also, unlike other elimination-style games, I plan on having a redemption round every round so players could continue playing the game, trying to rejoin, instead of having to sit out. Eliminated players can also identify themselves as “Ravers” or “Haters” that can apply bonuses/penalties to specific non-eliminated players. I don’t know if these mechanics will be effective though. Although the game is UI-based where rules/hints are indentified by just text on a screen I think it would be a good idea to take the opportunity to say that the game is hosted by someone named “Nobody” and turn the whole UI thing into a joke but I don’t know if other peoples’ sense of humor align with mine.

For issue 2, I’m depending on the Recommended For You algorithm and other players. I figure that if other players play elimination-style, round-based, word, ui-based, etc. games like Word Bomb, Copyrighted Artists, Obby King, and Survivor, the Recommended For You algorithm might “ask” players to play my game. Edit: Also in the ROBLOX scope of things, I think this game idea is mostly original? So maybe if players need something refreshing these days they could play WOW. (I don’t know how I can more straightforwardly say this without using figurative language)

And for 3, since the game is UI based and the players’ characters are removed upon rejoining, I think the issue with lag will be long gone, but I’m not sure.

So, what are your thoughts? Am I heading on the right direction with the steps I’m taking to counter these issues? Is there anything else I could do?

UI-based party games are starting to become popular (Word Bomb, Draw It, etc.), so it shouldn’t be a problem whether the style is engaging or not. Not having a fanbase to rely on is a challenge for every developer, but everyone has to start somewhere. You could try investing in site advertisements for the game and going on other social media to advertise. With the 100 player servers, that may be a problem. If everyone is piled into one server, then people aren’t able to switch servers if they wanted to.
Overall, I believe you are heading in the right direction. It’s impossible to predict how well a game will turn out before it’s released, so I wouldn’t put too much pressure on whether it will become a hit or not. Try playing the game with a group of friends to test how smoothly it will run, and be sure to get their honest feedback.