Critique this icon please!

Hello! Can anyone critique this icon I made for my group? I’ll also temporarily make the game it’s supposed to replicate (Made by me) public. I would also appreciate game critique too. Thanks!

GAME LINK: circus hs.1 - Roblox

2 Likes

Going to be honest, first thing I notice is the low resolution text:

This compares vastly with the high resolution (and sharp) tent. In my personal opinion as well, I would like to have seen a more Roblox styled theme for the graphic whereas the current one sort of reminds of a graphic you’d put on a childrens website where they would be playing a game with similar graphics like that. (This is just my preference though).

It does fit theme however, which is definitely a bonus.

3 Likes

Hello!

Text
The text is blury, which lowers the quality of your icon. It makes it look ugly in my opinion.

Parts of the icon
The lower cloud seems like its under the ground a little bit, which isn’t natural, unless you are at lower ground and that there’s a hill/mountain blocking your view to see the cloud. But in your case it isn’t a hill/mountain.
Try making it the same level as the other one but slightly change it so it doesn’t just look like you copy pasted it.

What you should add?
I suggest some other circus objects around the background, and some trees too. It makes it looking more alive.

2 Likes

As others have mentioned, the low resolution and clipped text is very distracting. The text is clipped on the left of the first C and the right of the S - has it been taken from some existing artwork? If so I’d recommend making text yourself to avoid any infringement issues and to give you full control over the style of it without the pixelation and clipping.

The rest of the icon is okay, however the green ground (grass I assume) doesn’t match the perspective of the path. I’d expect the edge of the path to be parallel with the grass next to it.

1 Like

I had to paste the word from a font website since the keys on my laptop don’t work and I couldn’t type the ‘r’ in circus, but now I have access to my PC and I can fix that. Thank you!

1 Like

Yeah same as @6Clu The text seems pixelated, I can definetely tell thats some sort of cirucs cartoony game. Nice job.

1 Like

The floor grid isn’t even throughout, and of course keep in mind the things the people above me have mentioned. Other than that I like it, but it doesn’t fit Roblox for me? I’ll check the place out tomorrow :slight_smile:

1 Like

It looks good besides the low res text and the blue to white gradient is to low in my opinion but other then that its noice.

1 Like

I would suggest when copying the text from the website make sure the text size is bigger instead of dragging it with transform tools. Other than that, it’s very cool :+1:

1 Like

Maybe add the trees as shown in game?

1 Like