Crouch Animation Doesn’t Work for Everyone

Hello there! I have a problem with my crouch animation, so if you can help me out that’d be great!:grinning:

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    I want the crouch animation to work for everyone, not only the person who uploads it.

2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    My issue is that when I press “c” to crouch, it only works for the owner, who uploaded the animation.

3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    I actually was the one to make and upload the animation, but then it didn’t work for the owner. Then, I gave the model to him so he could upload it, but now it doesn’t work for me.

After that, you should include more details if you have any. Try to make your topic as descriptive as possible, so that it’s easier for people to help you!
The code for the animation is a localscript.
I also tested the animation in game instead of studio and it still didn’t work.

1 Like

Can you include script Screenshots?

It’s because to share animations with other people you’d have to create a group and make the animation as a group asset, and those assets will only work in group places

Oh, is there another way? I saw that some games like piggy aren’t made by groups but still have those animations

I believe packages allow shared access to an asset while also updating aforementioned asset whenever it’s updated.

Here’s the script

local UserInputService = game:GetService("UserInputService")

local Character = game.Players.LocalPlayer:WaitForChild("Character")
local Humanoid = Character:WaitForChild("Humanoid")

local Animation = script:WaitForChild("Animation")
local Track = Humanoid:LoadAnimation(Animation)

local isCrawling = false

UserInputService.InputBegan:Connect(function(input)
	if input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.C then
		if not isCrawling then
			Track:Play()
		end
	end
end)

The script is in StarterPlayerScripts and has the animation under it like this:Screen Shot 2021-08-15 at 2.51.37 PM