CS Studio is the ultimate gradient editor for scripters, builders, and UI designers. Transform your gradient editing experience with advanced features and powerful tools.
Save and load thousands of gradients.
Export code to any script and see it appear at your cursor’s position.
Easily reach any keypoint with keypoint stacking.
- Relative Undo/Redo
- Math Solver, traversable text, and auto-highlighting built into text fields
- Instantly switch between editing objects and stand-alone gradient creation
- Feature-full color selector with RGB, HSV, CMYK, HEX, and BrickColor support complete with sliders for every supported colorspace
- Quick tools to reverse, reset, copy, any paste the gradient you are editing
Version 2.4.5 · (24)
Thanks so much. Will definitely use this as making gradients takes up a large chunk of dev time!
That’s a very useful and cool plugin. I love how I can export gradients into code with this plugin.
I’m in love with the UI and the plugin in and of itself, really packed with useful functions and is easy to use. Well done
The patch addressing the “Position” TextBox input not updating when a keypoint indicator were to be moved is out now.
In addition, some redundant calls were removed to help improve performance.
This looks promising. The only thing I would suggest is maybe optionally delimiting the number of undo’s and number of stored gradients if there isn’t a significant performance impact
Thank you for the suggestion!
The maximum number of x has certainly been considered. Originally it was only possible to undo/redo up to 5 colors at a time, which changed to 40 in a recent update.
It’s important that everyone’s experience using CSE is as bug-free as possible. The undo/redo feature relies on a script’s memory. Gradient saving relies on Roblox’s plugin datastore API. While its only theoretically possible that increasing a script’s memory to the “limit” causes critical errors, saving too much data via Roblox’s plugin datastore API will nuke the entire plugin.
While doing some testing, I accidentally created a recursive function that would indefinitely add values to an array. Obviously the plugin errored, but because the plugin’s Unloading event was already connected, that table got saved. The save file was >1GB, usually it never surpasses 100KB. This caused the get and set methods of Roblox’s plugin datastore API to completely break for every plugin using that file. The only way to fix it was to find the file in the plugin directory and replace it with a fresh
Anyways, I would not want anyone to spend time trying to debug a problem like the one I mentioned above.
TL;DR: Storing too much data may cause critical errors.
We are actively looking for new ways of storing data that is more efficient than before while preserving the state of a set of values. This is usually how CSE gets a bump to the maximum of x allowed to be saved.
CSE 2.2.0 fixes an assortment of bugs and focuses on expanding the maximum number of savable gradients and increasing the undo/redo buffer size as well as making starting, stopping, and updating CSE more seamless.
- Selected keypoint does not load upon window open when color has been applied or position is changed through the TextBox as the last change completed
- Infinite adjustment error when changing text or focusing in TextBox
In CSE 2.1.0, we secretly introduced a new method of saving gradients using cross-session copy & paste as a test. Today we are expanding this to everything saved within CSE. Everything from color-backtracking history to a currently-selected keypoint is saved and quickly applied when CSE loads.
This allows for smaller storage sizes which in turn, lets us save even more. Save 20x more gradients, now at a 3000 maximum. Color-backtracking history is also now saved as well to make picking up where you left off better. Color-backtracking history buffer size has also been expanded 7.5x, now at 300.
If you are using CSE 2.0.0, 2.1.0, or 2.1.1, please continue reading.
Because of the new standard for saving information, the old format will be dropped soon. If you currently use CSE 2.0.0, 2.1.0, 2.1.1 please update before 3/3/2023 to avoid losing any data.
CSE 2.3.0 brings some exciting new features and changes to help save time and improve workflow efficiency.
- The bottom bar has been relocated in between the gradient previewer and keypoint indicators so everything you need most is even easier to reach
- Cross-Session Copy & Paste has a new home in the "More" menu
Color-backtracking is crucial feature to the power of CS and we are bringing to the main editor today. Effortlessly undo and redo up to 100 actions with CSE’s new undo/redo system.
We are also expanding the functionality of CS’s color back-tracking and CSE’s new undo/redo feature by introducing Quick Travel!
Quick Travel lets anyone move from the most recent change made to the last remembered change with a right click.
I really love the UI on this. Did you use a library of entirely custom?
Thank you! I did not use any UI library, but used Roblox Studio, Apple’s MacOS, and JetBrains’s various IDEs, specifically “Fleet”, for inspiration while making the UI for CSE.
CSE 2.4 introduces improvements, changes, bug fixes, and a large UI overhaul. We have rebuilt CS to deliver bug fixes, changes, and many new features.
- PlaceholderText does not update when text is being typed in a given TextBox
- Refreshed, icon-rich UI
- Moved or resized UI elements
- Adaptive ColorSequence keypoint color preview
- Automatic color selector re-opening
- HEX colorspace generation throws error when CMYK value overflows 100
- HEX color sliders would not properly react to color
- Color of new keypoint does not apply to CS when keypoint selection changes while CS is closed or when CS is updated from a differing color to white
- Refreshed, icon-rich UI
- Moved or resized UI elements
- Sliders for supported color standards
CSE 2.4.1 fixes multiple bugs and adds a QOL improvements.
- Required double click to open color selector when color selector was closed via it's widget
- Newly added keypoints use color of gradient at cursor position
- "Saved Sequences" widget state saves
- Incorrect state saving if closed via the widget itself
- Undo/redo order when opening and closing CS
A small bug has also been fixed which occurred when CSE was interacted with for the first time. This bug caused that change to go un-logged has been corrected in this update.
To keep the UI of CSE, CFS, UIT, and OS looking similar to each other, every icon in CSE 2.4.1 has been updated to have the same style as CFS, UIT, and OS.
In CSE 2.4.3, a few minor adjustments have been made to how TextBoxes look when traversed, and the hitbox for sliders now extends to the height of the TextBox next to it.
Wow, I don’t know what to say, THIS LOOKS AMAZING! I wish I had the robux for it would 100% buy it.
Edit: Will this ever come back for free? I saw it for free in alvinblox vid: BE 10x MORE PRODUCTIVE WITH THESE ROBLOX PLUGINS! - YouTube
It’s unlikely to happen. With the leap in complexity from v1.6 to v2.4.3 and the want to receive something from the hours of work I put into developing products like CSE, I do not have any plans to change CSE’s price.
Will the old version be free atleast for the community to enjoy ( doesn’t have any updates unless it breaks due to roblox changing their stuff again )
The one seen in alvin blox vid
A bug that caused colors to never be removed from the undo/redo system within CS has been patched.
Please update to ensure you do not run into any issues with Roblox Studio or CSE. If you were affected by this issue (it should be un-noticeable), the issue will automatically resolve itself when you start interacting with CS again.
Hey default I bought cse and I cant stop using it I LOVE IT like wow u are so good with plugins