Ctrl+Q to stop all running Scripts in Studio

The issue
More times than I’d like to admitt I’ve written a while loop without waits. I’ve coded connections that triggers themselves, creating an inf. loop. This currectly freeze studio until it crash.
Sometimes you get the option to stop the running Script but this is very rare.

My suggestion is then, for studio debugging. Being able to press CTRL+Q or some other key combination to kill all running scripts in studio. So you don’t have to crash-kill the program and loose all your progress.

5 Likes

Just a note on this – this shouldn’t happen when you have autosaves enabled, right? It will trigger an autosave to happen when you start the simulation, so you should never lose work that way (if you do and it did say that it autosaved, that’d be a bug).

1 Like

Ah yes, probably for us who don’t use autosaves.

It’s just too laggy + I can never recover anything from autosave.

1 Like

Can you be more specific? Sounds like a fairly serious bug that needs reporting.

When it crash (w. auto saved enabled) it says: Want to load recently used file?
I click yes, and it opens a folder where Im suppose to select a file? And the files in that folder is just old random projects. None of them is a latest auto-save of my game.

When I check for opening an auto save, I just go to the auto saves folder in file explorer and open the latest file. I don’t think I’ve ever lost anything from a rogue while loop doing this. There’s probably a better way to do it than my way though, and a feature like this definitely isn’t a bad solution.

2 Likes

Even though autosaves are a thing this would be great because having to re-open studio after it crashes isn’t fun.