- Please submit bug reports by commenting below, thank you.
- I am not using Gerstner Waves (woops), but I am using sin waves. (Sorry will fix soomTM) - Maybe fixed
- Working on foam.
- Thinking of creating some sort of code where it unloads bones the farther away they are - For performance & looks reasons.
I would like to share my work on creating custom waves, so you do not have to take 2 days to figure these out. Also, I will explain how I made it. (magic)
Video of my creation:
Link to model on creator marketplace:
Custom Wave Using Gerstner Waves - Creator Marketplace (roblox.com)
How I made it:
I found information on how to do this just by looking up key words. I eventually came to this devForum page:
That only told me how to make the mesh with bones, so I had to code it myself.
This youtube video here:
Explained everything I needed to know after a couple rewatches.
I just played around with different combinations of math functions and code until I got what I currently have. Anyways, enjoy having custom waves without the hassle!
- Changed some logic - maybe it’s using the gerstner wave function now?
- Added a tag (“wave_drift”) that can be used to makes objects float in the water.
- Added code to make objects float in the water.
- Added displacement in the x and z direction.
- Added 2 more textures.
- Changed the way textures are animated for a more realistic look.